henry margusity leaves accuweather » adelaide cave clan

adelaide cave clan

• por

Extremely inbred. I first tried to contact the Cave Clan several months ago, through their official website, but had no response. If you change your plans, let tthat person know. The city of Melbourne might be best known for its parks and beaches, colourful street art and glittering modern architecture but for me, nothing could have been more exciting than the chance to explore Melbournes famous labyrinth of drains. The passage split into two narrow pipes, their ends disappearing in darkness. The ANZAC Drain might host all the best Cave Clan parties, but it is only one very small fraction of their domain. The Chamber here in the ANZAC Drain serves as the venue for the Cave Clans annual awards ceremony: The Clannies. The 'C/C' mostly comprises of extremely mid-core bogans and hipsters who enjoy walking though 4' sewerage pipes, or watching 'urbex' videos on Yourtube. I walked a little way in to take a look. Provided by ABC NEWS A new study has uncovered relationships within a clan of Neanderthals, including a father and daughter. Its one thing I wish we had the death penalty for. The photos shown here depict the variety of these underground canalizations. The mum said Brian was a huge Cave Clan fan, he wanted to join as soon as he turned 18, he'd even made fake Cave Clan shirts. When the concrete isnt ringing with the echoes of engines, the still of the underground is punctuated by the regular chirping of crickets and constant dripping water. org). Other popular photographic subjects include lonely chairs, peeling paint and large empty overexposed warehouses with no reference for scale. The Chambers only source of natural light filters through a set of outdoor steps, located somewhere in a public thoroughfare; occasionally a pedestrian would pass up or down the stairs, entirely oblivious to the yawning cavern directly beneath their feet. Urban Exploraation is dangerous folks. Look at SA coroner of 30 years. Thanks heaps! Approach.doc Judging by the thick cobwebs and relative lack of graffiti, it was clear that Clan members rarely travelled further along the ANZAC Drain than this main chamber. "Some of those date back to 1880 and they were so well constructed that they're probably going to outlast all of us," he said. The caveclan website is down. "That we'd get under your house and come up through your toilet. Hundreds (if not thousands) of others have done so before them". Examples of individual chapters and how they differ: Other chapters send members to Shiteney to learn how to shit-stir and shit-talk from the best. It's far too easy for people to believe stories of fantsy-like underground cities. At this time Guys like McIntyre and Stanley Hart were all known pedophiles that the cops were in league with. Pls contact me if u know, Hi Ive been looking and looking and I cant find the exact location as to where the drain is. This is true, because many OS 'Stinky tunnel trampers' when leaving, are heard to say things like: "I will defiantly appreciate home alot more now" or "Well, that was an experience" or "Sheds in Paddocks Only in Australia!". Apparently there used to be a tunnel going under frome road used for cattle transport and later for WWII / quarantine transport troops but was completely backfilled. There is evidence of these right across Adelaide, including at the Glenelg Football Oval. "There's a story getting around that there was a massive painting of King George in storage," Tunnels Wine Storage owner Dave Munro said. I really don't have an issue with who I explore. I've no doubt there will be hidden spaces and vaults beneath Adelaide's buildings, hotels and even government establishments that I haven't peered into during this investigation. Newbies are very versatile tools and every drainer should have one. Great stuff everyone. Mr Munro now owns the tunnels and utilises one for commercial wine storage due to the fact it sits at a stable 17 degrees Celsius. The 108 foot high viaduct was prefabricated in Delaware, USA at a cost of thirteen thousand pounds and assembled on site in approximately 1882 Source. Stooping beneath the low concrete ceiling, the stale-smelling water was soon washing up around my knees. Booting someone is a popular pass time for Melbourne moderators, but hasn't gained popularity in Sydney. The images contained on this site have been shot in Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra, Hobart, and countless country locations inbetween. (Aproximatley 1910) , Old Sleeps Hill railway tunnel, near Eden Hills in January 1961 , SLEEPS HILL: The northern end of Sleeps Hill railway tunnel 1992 , The southern end of Sleeps Hill railway tunnel 1991 Source, Ildraino (the Cave Clan Zine by, Infiltration of the Mushroom tunnel 1991 Source, Ildraino (the Cave Clan Zine by. We also try and protect the locations we explore for as long as possible. Later, Id even hear stories of projectors being dragged down to this drain, to screen films up on the walls inside. Lol, you might want to wait for the weather to clear up a bit more before heading down there. I must join. Should you find a bricked-off doorway or remnants of a tunnel crawling off to another subterranean den, pay attention: You may have just found a missing link. Mr Williamson said the network included some ovi-form pipes that resembled a smaller version of the types of sewers seen overseas in places like New York or London. Rachel is a notorious character around Adelaide, most know for her theory that there is an (unproven) tunnel system under Edwardstown that is used by a network of Pedophiles. A month-long monument hunt, and what I learned along the way. Guru, Ive just been back through the article and given it an edit removing any exterior photos that might help to identify the place from outside, as well as deleting a few comments. Liao, Urban exploration (urbex), off-limits, spelunking, drains, derelict buildings & ruins. If the Newbie is good at 'puters, or is a employed by the SRA, or is popular, then this requirement may be relaxed. maps.google.com, i was wondering if someone would be able to give me exact directions on where or how to get to the entrance of one of these tunnels? Next I attempted to sign up for an account on the Cave Clan forum, but my request failed. The website's operator did not respond to my contact attempts, but it is worth noting Awesome Adelaide reported the tunnel becoming a mushroom farm after the war the same fate as the Sleeps Hills tunnels in the Adelaide foothills. Rare in Europe, these drains are everywhere under the australian cities. Police Intelligence, ASIO, Boarder Force, Army intelligence & the Waterboard undercover agency all now out-source several aspects of their New Recruits Training program to the Cavity Crew. Ive been getting more and more fascinated by mines lately I might have to check some out on my next visit. This is not a pissing contest. "We knew of them. Adelaide, Hey Mate, thanks. As I finally made to leave the Chamber, I spotted a memorial high on one wall. could they be any further from a cave. http://urbantwilight.net/displayimage.php?pid=1178. Its gone down hill over the last year or two. Sometimes these plant rooms are on rooftops, The a4 poster asked for info to the underground entrances & said it was believed to be wards as well as operating theatres below the site. And never ever drink off-coloured drain water or eat food found in drains. Great read. The following is my fully submitted report, which was compiled from my secretive dealings with Cavern Clan members. Doing 'locations' or 'abandos' or 'active mansions', is an important part of the C/C but is not always required of all members. They made headlines for their exploits in the tunnels and drains beneath Melbourne, and two men spotted climbing down a Camberwell manhole suggests the Cave Clan could be back. need help getting to The Maze, ANZAC and The Great Stairway. Sweet Adelaide 424. He said basement flooding was likely attributed to stormwater infiltration into sewer mains or, as a less likely cause, poor plumbing in old buildings where internal drains might be connected to stormwater. Right next to Terminator's mum & dad's house Watch out. They also explored some abandoned cars and under a bridge. This is the underground version of the river Torrens. A 'Newbie' would do well to remember, that you must be a well known exploerer before you are allowed to buy a torch that is over 600 lumins. He insisted repeatedly that I try the meat because it was important for the group to see I had participated in the ritual. Conspiracy clan Known as C/C (Rising in popularity), The Tork SCA 1100 toilet paper dispenser key, Shoe Care and the Benefits of Raw Sewerage, How to look inconspicuous in large groups in McDonalds Car Parks 101, A packet of Jelly-Beans (If travelling alone), A Tork SCA 1100 toilet paper dispenser key. The Cash Clan operate paid tours to many of Australian subterranean locations. Drac, Dsankt, Nivelo, Rogue, Guru, Pizzy, Curly, xm, Jade, Liao, Lanor, Scarecrow, Trainman & The Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney Cave Clan. Anyway, would someone like to shed some light on the topic, I don't know of any underground water flow across Gawler place, but there was probably more than a few wells around there. Of more than 20 Curious Adelaide questions submitted about tunnels, one asked where Zorga's Tomb ended. Much pride is taken in showing off ones torch, and you can tell a Clangineer's social status just by observing his torch. Hey there. To date the Cave Clan have charted storm drains right across Australia, in addition to natural caves, mines, old fortresses and a wealth of abandoned buildings. Upon opening the old school vibe is carried through and dose not disappoint. He said such overseas sewer networks could be extensive because they combined both wastewater and stormwater but in Adelaide the two are separated. The Sleep Hill's tunnels were built over 100 years ago in 1883 for RX90 steam trains on the Adelaide to Aldgate line. I think its a sign of the times & places like this will be blocked or made harder to enter. It makes you think the coverup could still be ongoing to protect certain people in high places. Pull your finger out! Natural light filters in from above, reflecting off the stream which follows a recessed path along the central gully. So, as Melbourne developed the water was forced underground; to be built over and in time forgotten by the majority of the citys inhabitants. Panic's site is back up and has a forums (urbanadventure.org) that will soon be bigger than UER! Very interesting stuff as Im from Adelaide myself, how do you find these abandoned places?? Its all good mate 2 years ago was a different climate- if you get a chance though the history added in makes it still quite easy to find so if you can remove that also would be great! SA Water Wastewater Renewals lead asset planner Craig Williamson said it starts in Adelaide's north-east in the Paradise area, followed the River Torrens into the city, "crossing over the Torrens at one point", before following a train line back out north. They will decide which Pootube videos are available for watching, which HDR photo's are deemed acceptable and who will be voted in as the next commissioner for police. , Railway bridge near Eden Hills, in course of construction. Obtainum is an important aspect of locationeering. http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=draining;id=25;url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.angelfire.com%2Fok%2Fbunkerboyz%2Findex.html, Encountering Haitian Vodou: Le Grand Cimetire of Port-au-Prince, Homeless in Havana: How a Travel Disaster Showed Me the Real Cuba, Myth & Memory in the Balkans: The Spomeniks of Former Yugoslavia. Yes, it is I, Panic, and my horde of imaginary friends. Entry. It had once been a natural stream, but as the surrounding area became increasingly urbanisedthis flood-pronetributaryproved to be problematic. Huge cavity. Painted above the lintel at the Chambers yawning entrance, a sign read: CAVE CLAN WELCOMES YOU TO THE CHAMBER. Rogue, When you achieve this tier, your membership is assured for life. Also, once the children were ritualistically killed their bodies would be dragged through a tunnel system under Cross Road to a butcher, where it would be sold to Satanists as meat. Always check the weather forcast before going into drains. I used to frequent the urbanadventure web site. They have lots of drain pictures, maps and best of all, an up to date Google Earth file of drains and tunnels all around the world. i mean get with the groove, go with the younger generation. Well played, good sir. like is the entrance monitored by police? Membership is a complicated system of social ranking, structured on the pyramid scheme model. Hi guys. "We certainly haven't sent boats down there for many years now but initially it was designed for that.". Popular keys that any serious Clanolio should have include: The Tork SCA 1100 key in particular is required for a member to advance from a mid-core to an apple-core ranking. The final award of the night is the Gold Clannie a gold-painted bowling pin, awarded to the Clan member deemed to have put in the best performance of the year. Good luck to him. A shallow passage disappeared beneath the lights, where the central gully spilled out from an enclosed tunnel. Thanks To: In Shidney it is a bit more complicated. 29 Comments |. done like julia farr and the stpeters twins but faaark. If you have not had your photo taken standing on someones remains, then you are just not considered to be a proper urbexerer. Railway tunnel in the Adelaide Hills. During its rise, rumours abounded about the Cave Clan. If you didn't order a copy, then you will be sad. The main structure fronting North Terrace remains virtually unaltered but in 1890 there was significant rebuilding at the . My father offered some of that poor Babys flesh to me that day, but I refused to eat it. http://urbantwilight.net/displayimage.php?pid=430. This murder was conducted by a man who I have identified as looking remarkably similar to a former attorney general of South Australia. Thanks I'm from sydney and when I saw the notice I was hoping to see some pics on here. A bag in one corner was filled with unused tealight candles. Rogue, When you slip, Swoooooo! Mr Williamson said there was only standard freshwater reticulation mains around Rundle Street/Mall and they reached just 300 millimetres in diameter. Out of all the conspiracies going around this day and age, I feel this story has been censored for reason I cant work out. Railway Tunnel under construction. Membership today includes a vast variety of people which include; Lawyers, Police, Undercover Police, Undercover ASIO agents, Under cover Sydney Water agents, retired cat burglars, active cat bunglers, Coffee shop waiters, drug dealers, sex toy quality assurance officers, but mostly just people who work in IT. The vast majority of the network, however, includes sewer mains that are just 150 millimetres in diameter. It is generally accepted that the brighter the torch the better the explorer. Dare ya! The usual trophy given is a butt-plug painted gold, which is also known as a 'Man-hole key' (pictured). Drain Gods are of course the highest official rank achievable in the C/C/C (with the possible exception of forum moderators). Another Curious Adelaide questioner suggested a hidden tunnel existed between the former Holden factory at Elizabeth and the RAAF base at Edinburgh. This is because it makes arguing and insulting people allot easier. That's okay mate. Great history of my beautiful Melbourne. Check out this site when you get a chance. Beware drain legends for Panic and his imaginary friends will make you Panic in the drains. He really seems to have got it all happening this time. The Gates of Doom Tunnel part of Adelaide's underground. When exploring alone: Leave a trail of Jelly-beans so others can find you. "There was a photo in the Advertiser in the early to mid 1990s of a guy standing in this brick, arched drain, and a friend of mine and I said, 'Hey, let's go meet that guy and see what's down there'," Lite said. "This is the first time I've said this, but I'm proud of it. Until recently, accused members of the Family still had suppression orders on them, therefore the media wasnt allowed to mention them by name. Daril Summers. (Supplied: Tom Bjorklund) Around 54,000 . Nice site by the way Slyv, let me know if you ever plan on coming back - I have a few more good places for you since you were last here. When you arrive at a location, you are expected to write your 'tag' near the entrance to indicate that you looked in, and then to draw a dick on other peoples tags. Stories have persisted in subsequent decades of staff finding hidden doorways into subterranean rooms with beds and even operating theatres underground. A Google search of these names reveals many photographs of the city's concrete drain network thanks largely to secretive urban explorers, Cave Clan, a movement that started in Melbourne, or . No on knows if anyone in Adelaide actually explores if there is not an interstate visitor. Find me through Adelaide parkour. The layout-out within, is immediately clear and all the information is easily decipherable. Without their support and assistance many of these photos would not have been possible. Its a shame it didnt work out this time, but Ill definitely be in touch next time Im in Melbourne! ", There were dark times too though. This is probably because Australian 'locations' suck, so Aussie explorerers have to try harder. We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Australians and Traditional Custodians of the lands where we live, learn, and work. The concrete piles for the bridge supports can be seen dug into the hillside. Choose the member you want to explore it, & push them in. The care and detail provided by the author reveals the obvious love he has for draining. The person who counts the most will be the winner and recieve some 'kudos'. This may seem far fetched however, she is the daughter of Allan Maxwell McIntyre, a known pedophile and person of interest in the unsolved Beaumont Children abduction. May I simply say what a relief to uncover somebody that really understands what theyre discussing over the internet. It is an established fact that the better the camera, the better the photo's. Just as a trigger warning this post talks about heavy subjects such as sexual abuse etc. Source, Viaduct and tunnel on Hills railway to Nairne in course of construction. The Catch Clan offer a 'within 48 hrs rescue service' for such organisations as: 'Australian Water Board', 'Sydney Water' & 'Abu-Dabi Water'. We'd rather explore with experienced people so we don't end up trapped in Lurline Bay but really, you guys are effing hopeless. You certainly know how to bring a problem to light and make it important. Mark Buttler and Andrew Rule 6 min read Claims were made that the tunnels seemed to have a hoodoo on them and the first three growers were forced to abandon them due to fungus and diseases. I was contracted by the 'Australian Water Board' to conduct a secret study into the Group known as the 'Cave Clan'. The removable mini A5 guide provided, is a generally useful tool which will live in many an urbexers glove-box, and provides the 'icing on the cake' for this must-have publication. hey just a question wandering how you get accss and find these tunnels and rooftops etc.. as i find it very interesting. Those who recognise it will immediately know of its unique characteristics. xm, The best way to become an recognised photographer, is to take pictures of cooked explorers doing something stupid. This particular drain was constructed in1910. An urbexiest must never put another urbexer in danger, unless it will be really funny. These roach infested tunnels could only get smaller from here, so I decided against venturing any further. If you think this shit is cool and you plan on becoming the next K-rad-elite drain explorer, then you need to read this. Circle-jerk nights are very popular and Urbex enthusiasts will travel from all over the world for the opportunity to get pictures of old-school members on drugs. I grew up in Goodwood and its just such a dark, twisted, snake pit. Scarecrow, Then between 1 to 4 members will announce that they have to get up early for work, so they will have to leave. BUMP Ouch! The rats entered the tunnels through a drain and ate the entire crop, managing to avoid all the poison left for them. My girl friend and I plus my mate have been trying to get in touch with the Sydney branch for over a month. And also it is allot cheaper then using mobile phones in Australia. Before a Clanneroo is allowed to join 'Camera Clan', they must complete the 'C/C HDR proficiency certificate'. I successfully infiltrated the group by wearing a full Panda onesie at all times. Required fields are marked *, The Sleeps Hill Mushroom & Train Tunnels, The Adelaide to Melbourne Express crossing railway viaducts at Eden Hills in the Adelaide Hills. Ahh, but that would make me and us iaginary enemies wouldn't it. This article has been up for almost two years now, and I did run it past a few CC people before I posted to get a second opinion no one had any concerns then, but I apologise if you feel it has since become a part of the growing publicity. just a quick one Here are that some pseudonym's some famous Clanners go buy: A member's worth is measured in the number of keys they have. Every state's chapter differs in flavour, mostly with it's own distinctive style in how they handle internal politics. A good Newbie can be used for Cop baiting or PIR detecting. The abandoned tunnels became an exploration area for the locals until World War II in the 1940s. A little further along, a painted sign reads: TO THE CHAMBER. email me at. The Cave Clan, or 'ASIO' as it is sometimes known, is a mysterious sub-sub culture which is involved in 'urbexing' related activities, sometimes referred to as 'recreational trespassing', which is a polite way of saying 'break and entering'. "People said we lived down there, preparing for the nuclear holocaust, stockpiling supplies," Doug says. ALWAYS tell a RESPONSIBLE person where you are going, when you expect to be back, and when to send an emergency team to search. The Panthers are rehabilitated in abandoned Lithgow mines, then they are released into the wild, usually in national parks around NSW. Why is he a reliable person for that but never believed about his and Rachels accusations. 'Cooked Clan' has been quoted as saying: . burrrp. During the early settlement of Adelaide the 'Morialta' tribe was sipposed to have been murdered and their bodies dumped there at Prospect. Nivelo, Must drink VB or other bogan beer. Been looking to hit it for agess, any help would be very much so appreciated. Hahaha, good stuff. As for urbanadventure.org it is an excellent site when it was readily available, I've just signed up so I can access it again, cause I thought it was gone for good. Tim says "The Cave Clan are not the original drain explorers.. They can be swapped on line for goods and services and are not subject to GST. The 'C/C' mostly comprises of extremely mid-core bogans and hipsters who enjoy walking though 4 . If seen draining without a beer, you are fisted. A Newbie is the first tier of the complicated system of social ranking. It's also one of the main reasons that people join groups such as the Adelaide Cave Clan. "A dozen from overseas, around 35 from interstate including 150-200 members and friends. Then, when the location is 'listed' the Old-school will receive the credit for the location. I ventured into ANZAC drain earlier today, but was driven out by the encroaching darkness. There are old chambers and vaults underground in the city somewhere in one of the official buildings but they are still active. While many of the names were strangers to me, there were a few that caught my eye such as founder of the Sydney Clan, Michael Predator Carlton (1971-2004) and Canadian urban exploration guru, Jeff Ninjalicious Chapman (1973-2005). Membership will reach 10,000 explores buy 2020 if the current membership rate is kept. Its mostly just a lot of research, Your email address will not be published. Perhaps a bomb shelter type thing. Looking for somewhere to hold a media launch. My post was a cut & paste bud. I think its printed on signs more as a deterrent than anything else. And for a Mid-school the lowest possible position is soft-core. I'm a photography student, and really interested in the different drain locations + how to go about getting inside. email hot mail dot com. why havent they dont a investigation to prove these accusations. Rachel Vaughan said some of her abuse was filmed at a local TV news station for the equipment but this news station also has a popular TV show about reporting on this type of story. Common Cave Clan saying: Cave Clan were the first group to move beyond it's local area, to statewide, to national, to international, but we were no way the first. The only way to join the Clan Cave is by solving this mysterious riddle, that is written in almost every drain around the world: Only members of this secretive organisation know the answer. Not spam, just a site of drain dwellers you may enjoy http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=draining;id=25;url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.angelfire.com%2Fok%2Fbunkerboyz%2Findex.html. After sitting vacant for more than 30 years, the Julia Farr Hospital's 'Home for Incurables' has finally been demolished. Rachel Vaughn and her half brother Andrew McIntyre has a long list of sickening abuse allegations against their father Allan Maxwell McIntyre, you can listen to their full testimony to see what I mean. Part of that station was repurposed for the Adelaide Casino, which opened in 1985. This impressive statistic has been achieved buy following a rigorous safety standard which is imposed by the clan itself. I do know of the drains that are mentioned below and found them on my own. I've heard it suggested that a serious roofer requires only two items - A helicopter and a rope. It is advisable to at least have medical beer on hand, for use in treating dehydration and washing out wounds. Or is it those Pirie Street apartments now? The concrete piles for the bridge supports can be seen dug into the hillside. This is to keep things interesting for interstaters who are sick of being taken to AquaToad over and over and want at least something new when they visit. The names of clan members graffitied onto the passage walls give this place a sense of deep significance, and sets the tone as one approaches the hallowed meeting place. There were dudes exploring under Paris before Australia had even been settled by the Poms. Someone please help, Hey!! I am in my eighties now but would love to revive some old memories. Sweet Adelaide 424. This article contains content that is not available. 38 METRES. SA Water's Craig Williamson said it is likely to be connected to a trunk water main with a 750-millimetre diameter pipe running from Kangaroo Dam. A Google search of these names reveals many photographs of the city's concrete drain network thanks largely to secretive urban explorers, Cave Clan, a movement that started in Melbourne, or the informative website, Awesome Adelaide. If you think this shit is cool and you plan on becoming the next K-rad-elite drain explorer, then you need to read this. Any details are greatly appreciated. For every year a Clan member has been active in the C/C, the number of locations required for you to explore each month reduces. All I know is that in Sleep Hills tunnels, nobody can hear you scream. Glad you enjoyed the post. It is a very exclusive rank positioned above old-school, in which the member must be both very 'old-school' plus crazy. But not both, because then you will look like you're trying to hard. Nivelo, I was almost brought to tears when both sites where pulled down afew months back. Keen as to get involved, I know of old tram, train lines, and all the tunnels under CBD but have no idea how to get in >.< I'm keen as to jump in, email me? I don't delude myself by considering my search to be exhaustive and, as I said last week, believe there are more to be found. The tunnels were dug by hand by men who were paid only 7 shillings per day for their efforts. Does anyone know locations in Melbourne? I'm not that silly that I can't see that SgtDan isn't fishing for some flaming (he loves chucking in his anti-Clan line - it's obvious there's more to it), but I suppose the point is that there has been a hundred SgtDan's aprove on the scene. Allegedly Allan Maxwell McIntyre was involved with Bevan Spencer von Einem and the Family Murders, being the group body boy and sourcing their victims.

Burlington Ct Obituaries, Galveston Steakhouse Michigan City Menu, Articles A