peters township high school graduation 2021 » who is the king of otun ekiti present now

who is the king of otun ekiti present now

• por

That was the exposure I had and that gave me access to a lot of knowledge in the oil and gas industry. The sacredness of their offices was neither empty nor nominal; they are regarded by their people as divinity with whose well being, their own conditions are bound up. Read histiry please. ADO EKITI: Omo Ado Oora Amukara sabe ewuje, Ikara se meji i temi lukoko, Ado mei yunle oni kobe osilo monu. DJ Zeal Best of Rema Beamer x Quarantine X Iwotago Mixtape It was later returned to Ekiti division of Ondo province after much agitation from the people to the government". Our backend team helps with the entire process. Related Pages. All along, while growing up, did anything happen that showed you would become a king? Its not possible to take Ooni as number 1 when Alaafin who is the direct descendant of Oranmiyan is on ground. He identified ego and pride as the sole reason behind the disunity among Yoruba traditional rulers and people in Yoruba land, and called for peace for the progress of the Yoruba speaking people. This was as a result of the status of the Oore of Otun and Otun came to be regarded as a neutral ground where people from both sides settled amicably. Government of Ekiti State, Nigeria. Click here to start now. There are records which state that the pelupelus held before then were often held in Ado-Ekiti under the Ewi, meetings where the Obas never met, because tradition forbade Obas from looking into each others eyes in Yorubaland prior to the arrival of the British. And one of the advantages Odunlade have over others candidate is his closeness to the governor of the state. Ekitis are culturally homogeneous and the speak a dialect of Yoruba language known as Ekiti. During the period of Oores absence in Ekiti Land, the idea of Ekiti Council of Obas became moribund and as a matter of fact no meeting of the council was held throughout the period due to lack (absence) of leadership. The language commonly spoken by the Ekiti people is a distinct Yoruba dialect also named 'Ekiti'. He is a Descendant of OoreOkinbaloye that signed the Ekiti Parapo Treaty in 1886. Akure - Akure Kingdom, Iju, Itaogbolu, Igbara Oke, Ijare, Ilara-Mokin, Ibule etc. Specifically, what were you doing during your working career? The homogeneous nature of Ekiti confers on the state some uniqueness among the states of the federation. The actor who is from Iletun royal family in Otun Ekiti has reportedly been tipped as the new Oba of the town. Ekiti State is one of the 36 states (inc. Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)) that constitute Nigeria. No argument. Free Digital Marketing Webclass on How to Make $1,000 - $2,500 Monthly Online. Accessibility Help. Send Us News, Gist, more to citypeopleng@gmail.com | The creation of colonial territories - which transformed into modern states after the various colonial interests left Africa - resulted in the division of existing traditional communities. Im seeing politics here but history can never be rewritten. His kingdom, Ijebu (also known as Jebu or Geebu) was a Yoruba kingdom in pre-colonial Nigeria. No incitements to post junks. Despite the fact that the number of autonomous communities in Ekitiland was 104 in 1955 (with some of these towns eventually transferred to neighboring Ondo, Kogi and Kwara States), the number of autonomous local communities in present Ekiti state in 2014 has increased to 134 due to official interventions and government proclamations. In order to maintain its pre-eminently commercial position, Otun had to develop its military capabilities to be able to ward off any external aggression. And his name would tell you more about family lineage. This, they discovered was as a result of the fact that different people from different parts of Yoruba land came to settle at Ibadan. We want to be sure that our community becomes better, the rural areas must be better, our sons and daughters must come home, we must collaborate and we must join hands together to make this town a great town. The early Ekiti country is divided into 16 districts (and it has been maintained to this day), each with its own Owa or King (Owa being a generic term amongst them) of which four are supreme, viz. His son, grandson and now his great-grandson, Ewuare II were traditional rulers of Benin in modern-day Nigeria. Oba Oyinloye Olubin sat fourth to the immediate right of the Governor. Moloney, the governor of Lagos by what he wrote in a note on 14th May, 1886 about his visit to Okemesi during the war. The name Ekiti is a derivation of an earlier term, Okiti, which means "Hilly" in Yoruba, as characterized by the generally hilly terrain of the areas which the Ekiti inhabit. Otun-Ekiti Youth Forum has rejected the selection of Prince Adekunle Adeagbo as the new Oore of Mobaland. Otun Ekiti is like a warehouse, because Otun is a gateway to the North-Central, especially Kwara State. Popular movie star, Odunlade Adekola, a native of Otun Ekiti, Ekiti State but based in Abeokuta is set to become the next king of his hometown according to multiple sources. Following the adjustment of Ekiti-Kabba boundary in 1909, Ishan, Ayede and Ikole Ekiti-Kabba returned to Ekiti Division while Otun and Obo, two of the senior Ekiti Kingdoms remained in the Northern Nigeria. In the South, the vegetation is primarily Tropical hardwood forest, while a mixed/derived type savannah can be observed in the northern peripheries. Few days ago, there were rumours that Some ruling houses had raised the alarm that the kingmakers allegedly assembled themselves in a secret location to select one of the contestants for the stool without carrying the government along. Ekiti settlements transferred to the Ondo and Owo regions under colonial Nigeria. However, later developments resulted in the dropping of the idea. History is being distorted, they just created.See how they captured Alaafins death, This list is grossly incomplete, where is the Soun of Ogbomoso?, i cant even believe this, how olubadan will be the among of top ten obas in yoruba land, while such of orangun of ila wil nt their. There are said to be 132 kings among them. He attended St Johns Primary School and St. Peters College in Abeokuta, obtaining the West African School Certificate Examination before he proceeded to Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, where he received a diploma certificate. Gov Lalong carpets CAN for leading violent Easter: Our leaders are intellectually bankrupt Femi Gbajabiamila is 9th Assembly Speaker. The view of a section of Ekiti historians (such as Atolagbe) is that the pre-eminence of the Oore as the most senior Yoruba and Ekiti Oba was linked to the fact that the Oore signed the 1886 peace treaty which the British coordinated with the Alaafin of Oyo and the Owa Obokun of Ijeshaland, among others. The Omuya royal family produced the late Oba Popoola. In a statement signed by the Saade of Otun Ekiti, Chief Femi Fani Kayode was being invited to the coronation ceremony of Oba Adekunle Adeayo which would hold on the 26th of November, 2021 . Ifa is the major decision maker for us here in Otun Ekiti. I cannot betray the Ooni, it is a covenant. Re: Oriki Of All Towns In Ekiti State by wealthtrak: 1:14am On May 04, 2021. During British colonial rule in Nigeria, the people of Otun had cause to narrate to the authorities their oral traditions and history. In looking at the creation of Native Authorities at Oke-Imo, Ilesa in 1900 by Major Reeve Tucker and the re-organization of North East District in December, 1912; the separation of Ijesa, Ekiti and other areas on 1 January 1913, and the creation of Ekiti Native Authority with its headquarters at Ado-Ekiti, conflicts and agitations for local autonomy had pervaded politics of traditional institutions in Ekitiland. The area enjoys a tropical climate with two distinct seasons, these are the rainy season - which lasts from April to October - and the dry season which commences in late November and ends in March. Moba is a Local Government Area (LGA) in Ekiti state, Nigeria. I am a member of the World Dredging Association in America, I am a member of the Dredging Association in Nigeria and I have been able to know different cultures and these have aided me in what I am doing today on the throne as Oore of Otun and paramount ruler of Mobaland with 13 kingdoms. HRM, Oba Idowu Adamo Babalola. Press . To the glory of God, we have installed a lot of chiefs. The Alaafin of Oyo is dead at age 83. The pre-eminence of Oore among Yoruba Obas was further attested to by the fact that between 1578 and 1608, Otun was made the boundary between the Old Oyo Empire and Benin Kingdoms. Ekiti men are predominantly farmers but women engage in trading. Ekiti was an independent state prior to the British conquest. In 1899, Ekiti and Ilesha formed the north-eastern division of the protectorate. Towards the end of the 19th century, the British, based on their Lagos Colony, had established a protectorate over the area, although they ruled through "native" administrations. One of the taboos is that you must not come to the palace and lie. I was asked to submit my name, which I did, and we were six contestants from the Ile Iya Aba Ruling Family. The Alaafin of Oyo bowing to the Ooni of Ife. The Elerebi said anybody who was interested in becoming the king should sign an expression of interest form, which the six contestants signed to show commitment and that we were really interested to become kabiyesi. I cannot eat anyhow, I cannot eat publicly, most of the time, I am fasting and praying because I cannot eat within the day; I cannot make friends anyhow. According to him, the Oba-elect was selected through Ifa divination on the February 19, 2019. Kindly tell us the position of oluwo of iwoland. The Head of the Kingmakers in Ilomu Ekiti Kingdom, Chief J.O. The current Awujale of Ijebuland is Sikiru Kayode Adetona. Law of Ekiti State (2012) applies, he said. Celebrity Birthdays. He is the second in line in the ranking of Yoruba monarchs in Nigeria, The late Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III was born 15 May 1938 and he is the current Alaafin, or traditional ruler, of the Yoruba state of Oyo and rightful heir to the throne of its historic empire. It is an undiluted and very strong tradition. Obbo (Obo) Kingdom - Osi, Ora Aiyetoro, Ejiu. We have been up and doing since day one. Shocker! Chinko Ekun __ Party Animal They sought to combine the Ekiti kingdoms of the region into a single administrative unit against resistance by the Ekiti people, who preferred local autonomy. Otherwise, if the Oore is an Obatala follower who survived as a native entity that Oduduwa met at Ile-Ife and subsequently integrated, he could not promote himself in tradition above the new dynasty of Oduduwa and his sons in Yorubaland. The market, which up till today is held five days became second to none in the present Ekiti, Ondo and Osun State. The monarch, who was a former chairman of the states council of Obas between 2006 and 2008 died at the age of 62. The Ekiti people are one of the largest historical subgroups of the larger Yoruba people of West Africa, located in Nigeria. Slight differences are noticeable in the Ekiti dialect of the Yoruba language spoken by the people. How did your wife and children receive the news of your selection as an oba? Not now. I Am Toyin Abraham Ajeyemi. It is located between longitudes 4051 and 50451 East of the Greenwich meridian and latitudes 70151 and 8051 north of the Equator. Iyekere is between Modakeke and Ile-ife in the present day, Osun State. Oba Popoola who was a one-time chairman council of Obas in Ekiti state was . He is seen as the custodian of the culture and tradition of the Yoruba speaking people. And one of the advantages Odunlade have over others candidate is his closeness to the governor of the state. Reports say he was being tipped to become a king of his town. The title of Oba was first created by Oba Eweka I, Benin Empires first Oba, who ascended power between 1180 and 1300. Who Is More Powerful Between Ooni Of Ife And The Alaafin Of Oyo? I went to All Saints Primary School, Jericho, Ibadan, from 1975 to 1980, where I obtained the School Leaving Certificate. The five ruling houses in Otun Ekiti are: Iyaba, Iletun, Imuya, Obajewu and Odo Imo. Ekiti Public Service Information System EPSIS. --. Besides Oodua trusted Ooni , A normal person will know that there is no way that all princes will leave/ left home or died at a time? We have since discovered that the microfinance bank referred to in the story was not LAPO Microfinance Bank Limited. This is not absolutely correct. He served from 1979 to 1983 as vice-chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Transport. Such outcrops can be seen in places at Aramoko, Efon-Alaiye, Ikere-Ekiti, Igbara-odo and Okemesi-Ekiti among others. The Ewi of Ado-Ekiti 4. Not at all! Where did you work and what kind of treatment did you receive from your colleagues? Other Kabiyesis from Moba will join us. The Ooni of Ife is the most powerful king in Yoruba land. There was nothing like that. It is a taboo. It is like our own Christmas. It is that Oloore that over the years became Oore of Otun Ekiti. While growing up, did your parents give you any treatment to indicate you would one day become an oba? We play roles that are most effective because of our affinity to the grassroots. It is not as if we will take anybodys position; we are just saying, let them carry us along. The final movement to the battlefront took off from Otun Ekiti. After we came to Ife, Oduduwa was blind at a particular point in time, and Oore brought water to cleanse his eyes and immediately Oduduwa began to see and he said, My brother, Omo Olokun, stay with me, but Omo Olokun said no, because we work with Ifa oracle. Irun, Ogbagi, Ese and Eriti in the Akoko region, as well as some towns in Kwara State, are also culturally Ekiti, although belong in other states today. The Ekiti cover an area of 8,557km, and are culturally bound by the Igbomina to the north and the Ijeshas to the west (the traditional Ekiti-Ijesha cultural boundary being at Ipetu-Ijesha). Fourth on the list of ranking of obas in Yorubaland is the Alake of Egbaland. Following the return of Otun town to the Ekiti Division in 1936, the council of Ekiti Obas was re-introduced in the form of the Pelupelu (whose name was derived from "Pe Olu" i.e. Throughout the wars, Oores leadership was never in question. Personal blog. The current Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Adetunji died recently. Alaafin never agreed to this.

Baker Company 29th Infantry Division Virginia National Guard, Sports Card Shows In Washington State 2022, Articles W