peters township high school graduation 2021 » welcome home, roscoe jenkins cast

welcome home, roscoe jenkins cast

• por

Coming Soon.

- Share Movies
Martin Lawrence is hilarious in the movie but Mike Epps and Mo'Nique made the movie. It's fine, divine, sublime, and right Watch U.S. trailer: Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Reggie Pulls Up To Roscoe And Bianca, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Lucinda And Roscoe Talk In The Meadow, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Betty Snaps At Bianca, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Roscoe And Betty Fight, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Betty Mixes Bianca's Wine In The Punch, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Clyde And Roscoe Race The Course, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Reggie Spies On Betty In The Shower, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Roscoe Hits Mother With Softball, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Roscoe Greets His Parents, Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Otis Knocks Roscoe Out. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. It becomes obvious that he still holds a grudge against his father for showing Clyde preferential treatment when they were younger, while Roscoe Sr. resents his son for changing his name and distancing himself from his family. How? I was surprised how much i enjoyed it. Martin Lawrence. I mean the film has some good laughs it just doesn't hold your attention very long. But RJ's egotistical West Coast attitude simply doesn't fly in the South, and when his lovable but relentless family refuses to cut him any slack due to his current superstar status, he must finally pause and take stock of the man he has become. Mickey & Friends 10 Classic Shorts Vol. Did you know you can flag iffy content? Now, RJ is a successful talk-show host who dispenses advice and encouragement to millions. Privacy Policy Solid Martin Lawrence comedy. Also I watched this on free tv so perhaps I was nicer to this film than I normally would be. Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins represents Martin Lawrence's attempt at a feel-good family flick, but only feels good when it's over. Apple TV & Privacy [7] Elizabeth Weitzman of the New York Daily News said, "Although Lee relies on too many lame gross-out jokes, this cast does know how to have fun - which may come as welcome relief to audiences desperate for laughs during a cold month at the movies. Stay up to date with the latest trends that matter to you most. Mo'Nique, I must say, is the funniest character in here, in my opinion. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". It stars Martin Lawrence, Nicole Ari Parker, Margaret Avery, Michael Clarke Duncan, Mike Epps, Mo'Nique, Cedric the Entertainer, Louis C.K., and James Earl Jones. All of that said, the movie does reinforce/perpetuate some stereotypes about African Americans. 1 Cast & Crew Martin Lawrence as Roscoe Jenkins James Earl Jones as Papa Jenkins Margaret Avery as Mamma Jenkins Joy Bryant as Bianca Kittles. Watchlist. And yes, I loved those things. We won't share this comment without your permission. Sign in to rate and Watchlist for personalized recommendations. Mo'Nique, unlike Lawrence, manages to show off her sincere side alongside her improvisational skills in the film's latter half. When his parents ask him to come back home for their anniversary, RJ vows to show everyone how much he has changed. . RJ Stevens is a talk show host who visits his family in the deep south. "[8] The A.V. Dr. RJ Stevens is a talk show host who visits his family in the deep south. The characters are just so overblown and there is some sort of messed up moral there somewhere that just doesn't work out very well. 2023 TV GUIDE, A FANDOM COMPANY. As Bianca cheers, Roscoe berates his family, reminding them that it is all about "the team of me". By joining TV Guide, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. Brandin Jenkins Junior Krystal Marea Braud Callie Reginald Davis Jr. Young Roscoe Gus Hoffman Young Clyde Ara Grigsby Young Betty Samantha Smith Young Lucinda Erin Cummings Sally Affion. RJ learns that his real family, despite its flaws, is better than his fake Hollywood lifestyle. But I would recommend this movie, just you have to be open to it and just have fun, I guarantee you'll get a few good laughs. The real charm in the film is the incredible supporting cast that make up the wild family including the incredible James Earl Jones, Margaret Avery, and Michael Clarke Duncan (who is terrific as Roscoe's older stronger brother.) Director Malcolm D. Lee blamed the box office performance to the "terrible title"[1] and said: I hated the title (I wanted Southern Discomfort). If you chose to provide an email address, it will only be used to contact you about your comment. Not one scripted word. RJ and Bianca are shown from the shoulders up during sex. Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners. Just below that it reads "Ticket Confirmation#:" followed by a 10-digit number. So really there's not a whole lot that really sets this film apart from other films like this. Ending: Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins (2008)Cast: Martin Lawrence Margaret Avery Joy BryantLouis C.K. You can help us help kids by Join Now. Coming Soon, Regal The two members of the cast who significantly drag this cast down are Mo'Nique as a stereotypical, trashy, sleazy girl who wants nothing more than to have a lot of sex. It's Me, Margaret. Despite some humorous performances from Mo'nique and One "f--k," several uses each of "s--t," "bitch," "ass," "titty," and "bastard." Copyright Fandango. Rating: While Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins is typical, has some interesting cast members, and can be a bit insulting, I still feel like this movie really didn't mean to hurt anyone, just to have fun and deliver a few laughs. I've made some of the best deals I've ever made in my career because it keeps This film wasn't all that funny, but the scehs that were funny, were Hysterical, and Outrageous. {#nodes} James Earl Jones Age 91, Credits: Star Wars, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back & The Lion King Mo'Nique Age 54, Credits: Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire, Domino & Soul Plane Michael Clarke Duncan This movie claimed to contain one use of the f-word and had mo mention of gd, although both were used at least twice and the entire movie was completely FULL of constant swearing and cussing. Martin Lawrence leads an all-star cast, including Cedric the Entertainer, Mo'Nique, and Mike Epps, in the hit comedy Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins. Her and Lawrence have Zero chemistry and actually look ridiculous together I think. RT on DVD: 70 More Minutes of The Incredible Hulk on Blu-Ray?? Plot Summary. See production, box office & company info, [Admiring the pork ribs he's just barbecued], Siskel & Ebert: Fool's Gold/In Bruges/Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show/The Hottie & the Nottie/Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins. PLOT: All Rights Reserved. Review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 23% approval rating based on 83 reviews, with an average rating of 4.5/10. Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Official Clip - The Last Dance, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Official Clip - Jealous Fiance, Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Official Clip - Dogs in Love. Good cast can't save stereotype-laden comedy. TOMATOMETER Average 4.5; Reviews 83; Fresh 19; Rotten 64; Information Studio Universal Pictures . Bringing Bianca and his 10-year-old son Jamaal to his sleepy Southern hometown for his parents 50th wedding anniversary (to which Roscoe reluctantly agreed to attend), R.J. is determined to prove he is no longer the walking disaster his family used to pick on. Martin Lawrence leads an all-star cast, including Cedric the Entertainer, Mo'Nique, and Mike Epps, in the hit comedy Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins DVD 2008 Widescreen Martin Lawrence Comedy Funny EUC at the best online prices at eBay! Comparison shop for Pre-owned - Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins (DVD) and choose from Shopzilla's selection of top-rated stores. Martin Lawrence leads an all-star cast, including Cedric the Entertainer, Mo'Nique, and Mike Epps, in the hit comedy Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins. On Metacritic, the film has a score of 46 out of 100 based on 23 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Did you know you can flag iffy content? It was so offensive I was very dissapointed. Not all the jokes landed, but for the most part it worked. One fight leaves him with a swollen bruise and the other literally bloody lipped. Despite the presence of his gorgeous celebrity fiance Bianca (Joy Bryant), RJ is still the picked-on little brother to unimpressed siblings Otis (Michael Clarke Duncan) and Betty (Mo'Nique) and cousin Clyde (Cedric the Entertainer). Just the only thing I didn't get was how the whole family picked on him about his success, I mean, I'd get into his good graces to share some that fun money he must be rolling around in, lol. Throughout his career, Martin has enjoyed success on television with his show. 1 hr 54 mins. But what Bianca is not expecting is his crazy family that will just drive them crazy. best moments for her was when Martin generously offered her some invaluable Martin Lawrence headlines as RJ Stephens, a Dr. Phil-like talk-show host who returns to his family's Georgia home for the first time in nine years to celebrate his parents' 50th anniversary (Poppa is James Earl Jones; Mamma is Margaret Avery). All Rights Reserved. All Rights Reserved. The obstacle course scene was by far the best part, laughed out loud. It offends and it is just not acceptable. Movie is still a joy to me and I loved my cast![2], Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins received negative reviews from critics. Unfortunately, RJ's plans are no match for his Southern relatives.
- Share Movies
Here you will find unforgettable moments, scenes, and lines from all your favorite films. Lawrence is very watchable as Roscoe and definitely carries the film. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. Reggie: [Admiring the pork ribs he's just barbecued] See this swine? She has almost as little chemistry with Lawrence and she IS supposed to have chemistry with him. What parts of the movie do you think play up/reinforce stereotypes? All transactions subject to applicable license terms and conditions. Reggie sees Betty naked in the shower and makes off-color references to her "bundle of black meat." It's supposed to be this feel good moment when Roscoe realizes the error of his ways and comes around but it's not as climatic as it could have been. Scott Stuber, 23%. Download the Watch OWN app and access OWN anytime, anywhere. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins (DVD, 2008) at the best online prices at eBay! Saw this movie 9 years after it was released but the message is timeless. with updates on movies, TV shows, Rotten Tomatoes podcast and more. Kelly Fremon Craig directs the coming-of-age comedy based on the novel of the same name by Judy Blume. Watch Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Otis Knocks Roscoe Out Photos 66 Top cast Edit Martin Lawrence R.J. Louis C.K. Link to Are You There God? In its opening weekend at the North American box office, the film grossed $16.2 million USD, opening at #2 behind Fool's Gold. Malcolm D. Lee, Release Date (Theaters): 2008. Find out where to watch online. I count on your site religiously to decide on whether to allow our family (children are ages 12 and 14) to watch certain movies. Terms and Policies All rights reserved. Resolution, color and audio quality may vary based on your device, browser and internet connection. There's also plenty of foul language ("s--t," one use of "f--k," the "N" word), some of which is used in front of the characters' parents and other elders. Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins was filmed in Shreveport, Louisiana and Minden, Louisiana. Dr. R.J. "Roscoe" Stevens is a successful talk-show host, who not only has millions of adoring fans but has discarded his awkward Southern roots, and is engaged to Survivor winner Bianca Kittles. I enjoyed this movie because while we are so divided as a nation right now this movie emphasized the importance of family. Starring: Martin Lawrence,James Earl Jones,Joy Bryant. During the anniversary celebration, Clyde cries during his speech for Mama and Papa Jenkins, admitting how much he cares about Roscoe, who appears, thanking the family for helping him realize his love for them, and congratulating his parents. (Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel). When a celebrity chef walks off his show, prep cook Anna must step into the spotlight and make the show her own, with the help of her Aussie cameraman and Portuguese location scout. Adjust limits for Sex, Romance & Nudity in your kid's entertainment guide. Cast : James Earl Jones, Joy Bryant, Martin Lawrence Director : Malcolm D. Lee Inclusion Information : Black director, Black actor, Indigenous actor Studio : Universal Pictures Genre : Comedy Run time : 113 minutes MPAA rating : PG-13 MPAA explanation : crude and sexual content, language and some drug references. Acting was decent, storyline predictable, and worth at least one view. Storyline. great performances that will have the audience thoroughly entertained. What I also admired about this movie was the family matter and moral this movie was trying to give out. Adjust limits for Violence & Scariness in your kid's entertainment guide. Parents need to know that despite this family-reunion comedy's heartwarming message about remembering your roots and embracing your family, there are many raunchy jokes about sex -- including a scene of two dogs doing the deed. 7+. All rights reserved. Common Sense Media reviewers include writers, editors, and child development experts. Just a light-hearted feel good movie. Like I said, the characters were memorable. Comedy. SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTERS TODAY AND ENJOY THE BENEFITS. A talk show host heads home to the South from Hollywood, ready to flaunt his success. Krystal Marea Braud as Callie Jenkins: Otis & Ruthie's daughter. JB. Martin Lawrence stars as Roscoe "RJ" Jenkins. RJ Stevens (Lawrence) is a television talk-show sensation who has transcended his modest Southern beginnings to become the most popular self-help guru ever to grace the small screen. His show, "Team of Me," is a ratings juggernaut, his fiance is a beautiful reality television star, and his pockets are always lined with large bills. He tries to shake Roscoe's hand, but Bianca rebuffs him, and Roscoe leaves with Bianca and Jamaal, but not before his mother reminds him that his family still loves him. Common Sense Media Reviewer The celebratory weekend turns into a mess when RJ can't come to terms with the family that playfully belittled him growing up. Good cast can't save stereotype-laden comedy. Welcome Home, Roscoe Jenkins (2008) Full Cast & Crew See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro Directed by Malcolm D. Lee Writing Credits ( WGA) Cast (in credits order) complete, awaiting verification Produced by Music by David Newman Cinematography by Greg Gardiner Film Editing by Casting By Production Design by William A. Elliott With so many talented actors, it's a shame that the movie's script has so many stereotypes. So the film really does rely on the comedic talents of it's star and the physical comedy which does manage to get a few chuckles. It isn't all sterotypical, and one-liners that pierce many egos, but it is all the fast paced humotr that appeared throughout the whole film. "[6] Nick Schager of Slant Magazine felt the script contained false conflicts and "narrative staleness" throughout the plot but gave Lee credit for allowing Lawrence and his co-stars to "play to their strengths," saying they "help enliven what's otherwise simply another soggy family reunion melodrama". Even if the car had the trunk full, the suspension should lift up a little bit. Did you know you can flag iffy content? Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins is a 2008 American comedy film which is written and directed by Malcolm D. Lee. Otis: The Black Paris Hilton done sissified you off the swine, that's what's up. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. I suppose they aren't supposed to look good together. By Sandie Angulo Chen, Mary Parent, . Coming Soon.
- Share Movies
An NYC publicist helps an MLB pitcher find his way to the game and her heart. Dr. RJ Stevens is a talk show host who visits his family in the deep south. It will stay with me forever. "Remembering where you came from and to see where you are now, you give nothing but thanks and praise," Martin says. A special agent called Harry Tasker skilled in languages and counter intelligence has been leading a double life all his married life. PG-13 (Language|Crude and Sexual Content|Some Drug References), Genre: His wife believes that he works for a computer company until she becomes involved with a con artist who likes seducing married women. 2023 TV GUIDE, A FANDOM COMPANY. wide, Release Date (Streaming): Rent or buy. When famous & rich Dr. Roscoe Stevens returns to his Southern hometown for a family celebration, his crazy relatives force him to examine the man he's become. ever let them tell you what you can't have,'" Mo'Nique says. Although Roscoe Jenkins doesn't pretend to break new ground, it makes its "honor your past" tale fresh and funny. James Earl Jones Papa Jenkins. With a lesser cast, the comedy would have been unwatchable, but the able actors do what they can with the surprisingly limited script. The film also features an ensemble cast featuring: Martin Lawrence, Nicole Ari Parker, Margaret Avery, Michael Clarke Duncan, Mike Epps, Mo'Nique, Cedric the Entertainer, Louis C.K., and James Earl Jones .

Miniature Schnauzer For Sale Seattle, Articles W