peters township high school graduation 2021 » photography spots hunter valley

photography spots hunter valley

• por

The Hunter Valley Gardens are the largest display gardens in Australia but theres a bit of a twist. The same goes for photoshoots. This post may contain affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, that we will earn a small commission if you click through and decide to make a purchase. Whatever you do with this location, remember, you will have to walk along a rock cliffside to get to these locations. Mohonk Mountain House Photo by @tleedvm Mohonk Mountain House has been a top regional destination since being built in the 1870s. And as it tends to do, when the sun comes up you will get this beautiful golden light spill over you. The tops are just 1.5 hours north of Newcastle. Mr O Kitchen Espresso & Grocer. WebK3 Photography. With stunning beaches stretching as far as the eye can see, and a plethora (calendar of the day..I wont use it again I promise) of cool little caves scattered along the beach to explore and shoot in, this place has it all. Well, why not bring out your inner child on this one and head off to North Sydney? This is actually the winery I bought the most bottles from overall and I found that as they are organic I never felt any ill effects from drinking them - which is lucky because I mainly bought Rose which Joe doesnt like : ). Don't we all. It is a much prettier route and only adds on an additional 20 minutes to your journey. A detour via Marrowbone Road will be necessary around the construction zone between October 2022 until February 2023. Located Thats right! I personally meet my couple at (or near the location), we hang out for a little bit, just getting comfortable and then make our way to the spot. If youre up for the drive its a wonderful place to get some stunning and dramatic photos! Hired 18 Balloon rides take place at sunrise and see you gliding over the vineyards, looking out for kangaroos hopping through the valley below. Weve visited many times and have found something new and incredible each time. voco Kirkton Park is the ultimate place to escape, unwind, and indulge in Not only do you have a great view of the vines, but also the surrounding mountain range. The vineyard staff have a true passion to make each, and every visitor feel welcome and leave with so many unforgettable memories. This is the biggest day of your life! If you enter from the other side, make sure your car is well suited to off road. Take a 100m walk down the street and you find the lake, with so many long jettys (see what they did there?) The Hunter Valley is one of Sydneys most popular weekend destinations for good reason. If you have a sweet tooth then its worth checking out the Hunter Valley Chocolate Company. Embrace nature. My recommendation here is, wear active wear to get down, and then once down there (it is usually completely empty of all human life), you can get changed into your actual clothes (this way they arent dirty) behind a rock or tree (unless youre into full frontal nudity, in which case, I wont judge Ive seen it all before). There is so much to see and do in Wollombi Valley, if you want to find out more information about history and heritage, food and wine, accommodation, and more, visit their website. If you go there a bit early you can take 5-10 minutes to scope the area out and find them yourself (or just hire a photographer who knows the location). If you do it too close to the wedding, youre no longer in the engagement phase, more so in the about to get married phase. You are going to want to whip your camera out for this one! Im so excited for you (I love weddings, big surprise). I need to say a word of warning here though this location is a bit risky. But it is way more than that. If you answered yes, just stop right now and write down this name. Visit their website for more information. As a result, knowing the best spots means being able to create angles that look like you are standing right on the edge, when in fact, you are 5 metres from the edge (safety is cool kids). Turn around and it looks like a cool rocky Cliff shoot. Service areas: Newcastle | Hunter Valley | Central Coast | Port Stephans | Lake Macquarie | Nelson Bay | Blue Mountains | Sydney. Lets do it! Wed recommend grabbing yourself a glass and sitting and watching the sun set over the vines. Hunter Valley Horses. A bit further south of Bombo Quarry is Cathedral Rocks, in Kiama. The same applies at Kurnell as does at Bombo Quarry about the lighting. Its like stepping into a dream. And once that drops, you simply head down to the sand, and use that gorgeous soft light to shoot in the water (yes you will get wet). You can book online by clicking here. A comprehensive guide to the best restaurants and cafes in the region. The lookout offers the perfect back drop to capture the Hunter Valleys natural beauty for your next insta-worthy selfie! Fly high in the sky as you capture a spectacular sunrise over the picturesque wine regions of Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury, and Broke. But it offers something completely differentstrange that! This one is easy to reach though. WebPhotography Around Swan Valley Idaho and the Grand Teton/Yellowstone Region Grand Teton Park's Snake Grand Teton Park's Snake Jackson Hole's Snake Jackson Hole's Snake Alpine's Snake Alpine's Snake Snake River Snake River Salt River Salt River Greys River Greys River Hoback River Hoback River Gros Ventre River Gros Ventre River Indulge in gourmet delights at Margan 13. Youll be shown the vineyard and olive grove before being taken into the wine making area to learn all about what it takes to produce wine from start to finish. If you love the chilled out vibes of the wineries in Broke, but also want a bit more of a town, then you should definitely head to Wollombi. Whats more glam than posing under the bright They take shots of the 10 themed gardens but the Mad Hatter's Tea Party is a big hit too. The Muse Coconut is one of the country's most Instagrammed desserts. If you want a beautiful sunrise, but dont want to leave Sydney, what have you got to lose? Make sure to plan out your shoot with your photographer as you get no reception down here. Our current fave is Tyrrells in Pokolbin. Flickr, 500px, and ShotHotspot. There are 10 individually themed gardens, our favourite spots were the Italian Grotto and the Oriental Garden which had a peaceful feel. There is nothing but rolling dunes for as far as the eye can see (honestly, I think they go for like 20km). If you can spare the time it is by far our favourite way to reach the Hunter. The undisputed best place to splurge for a special celebration and don't skip dessert. You can ask as many questions as you like and it was great to learn more about the area and the wines. The wines are excellent, but they are at most vineyards in the Hunter, so we like to look for unique settings and for that Krinklewood wins hands down. WebHunter Valley Renewal in the vines Its one of the countrys pre-eminent wine Very similar actually to Snapper Pointsince it is actually just down the road! Well, there is pizza and beer, but lets focus here! This one is very well reviewed. Maybe the city is a bit more your thing? Unpack the picnic basket and throw down the picnic rug, pour yourself a glass of Hunter Valley wine paired with some fresh produce from the days spoils and take in the spectacular views a sunset shot is a must. From Sutherland, turn off towards the National Park. This gives off a really stunning softer finish to your images. Finchleys lookout offers amazing 360 views of the remote wilderness area and an insight into the Aboriginal cultural heritage of Yengo National Park. Ngurra Bu. You can access your free e-book by clicking on this link. This location gives you the best of both worlds. Instead wed recommend heading to the below. If you take the motorway all the way to the Hunter the journey is pretty dull. This spot is great during the middle of the day, it gets complete shade from the huge amount of forest canopy above, so the lighting is always gorgeous. Balloon rides last for roughly an hour, depending on weather and some include add ons like a champagne breakfast. Its worth doing your research to find the best option for you, but this one on Klook gets excellent reviews. The beauty of this spot is, it goes against the rule discussed in location number one; this one is so easy to get to, and still, the shots are spectacular! Stonehurst Cedar Creek - The tasting (also free) was a bit different here, you could just ask to try any you wanted. Weve done wine tasting so many times in the Hunter Valley before, but never cheese! Then look no further. Spoil yourself and wow your followers with eye-catching views over the vines to the Brokenback Mountain Range. Hunter Mountain had over 5,200 photos geo-tagged there. You feel like youve suddenly landed in Europe. Redhead Beach & Cliffs Another iconic Newcastle location! Is there any better way to spend an afternoon than picnicking on the Hunters gourmet produce surrounded by spectacular scenery with a good bottle of wine?! If youre visiting the Hunter on a busy weekend youd be forgiven for thinking that Pokolbin can be a tad on the stressed and not overly friendly side, but it couldnt be more different at the Hunter Distillery. Weve got all the details on visiting Somersby Falls in this guide. Its a little bit of a trek, but then again, nothing easy in life is worth doing (except ordering pizza onlineright?). Very similar to Flat Rock which I will go into below. It is about a 30-40 minutes drive from Leura out to Mount Box. I mean, honestly, the Blue Mountains brings it every single time. The basic tasting we did was $7.95 pp or you could add preserves and olives for $14.95 pp. From here, move along the cliffs, down to the rock platforms. Maybe youve been going through this list and thinking, hmmm, loads of really nice natural locations, but thats not really me. Youve earned it! 2023 - Walk My World. Some of our favourite things to do in the Hunter Valley are tucked away in this spot that the majority of people never visit! We love doing your engagement shoot, your way! You dont need a 4wd, but I usually would recommend my clients without a 4wd come with me, as I have seen people get in trouble, particularly when it is or has been raining. You could easily spend hours meandering along the sidewalks photographing countless mid-century modern buildings. Clients often stop and stare, in awe of how amazing mother nature really is. Completely different from the last 2, this place is special very much so in its own right. As soon as you get engaged think about organising an engagement shoot, the honeymoon phase of engagement is the best! 4. We were the only ones on the tour when we visited, which made it feel even more personalised. This is a perfect sunset location, so meet in Leura 90 minutes before sunset. Many of whom actually have enquired about hosting their ceremony on the cliffs edge. Weve explored most of them and listed the best below: Simplistic and stunning- one of my all-time favorite locations! Once you get in here, there is a little carpark and you can simply walk into the middle of the forest. We took a tour at one of our favourite wineries in the Hunter, Whispering Brook, which is a 20 minute drive from Pokolbin. It wont be long before you are back in the Urban jungle, so enjoy this while you can! As far as engagement photoshoot locations in Newcastle go, this one might not be super popular, but it is super cool. Located just on the beach around Merewether/Bar Beach, this absolute banger of a spot is so very popular for engagement photoshoots in Newcastle, as well as wedding photography. Hey Steph! The Kindness of Strangers: 10 travel moments that restored my faith in humanity, What it's like to give it all up to travel in your 30's. Just stick to the cave rather than going for an explore! We were stunned when we saw Baiame Cave and it was like being whisked away to Kakadu! All these spots in the Blue Mountains have stunning outlooks, amazing natural backdrops, and are just generally amazing. As well as the famous hot spots well share all our favourite hidden gems to help you plan the perfect trip to the glorious Hunter Valley. Its all part of the same giant rock slab that has been exposed by recent winds. It is a beautiful nature-based experience for local, national, and international visitors. So now you know. 1. Do you have a favourite location from this list?? There are lots of places to pick up some fab supplies, wed recommend stocking up at the Smelly Cheese Shop and the Hunter Valley Olive Co. Then pop into Tyrrells for some wine or a tasting ($10pp) and get ready to relax in the gorgeous vineyard grounds. hunter valley winery. On top of this, there are so many beautiful spots to shoot down here. Now, do you want to hear about probably the coolest of all these locations or not? Many of the vineyards will let you picnic in the grounds as long as you buy something from the cellar door. A beautiful spot for the early morning and late afternoon and maybe even a dip in the water! As you can see from the images below, they can look quite different, and gives you a lot of variety. An iconic Newcastle location featured in so many tourist $2250 MOTHERS DAY GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO CELEBRATE MUMS. 1. Its ridiculous how many resorts and hotels were being built on top of giant mountains back then. Its the perfect size to explore on foot and youll probably spend longer than youd think wandering around, as its hard to resist heading into all the old buildings. It's morning magic when you catch the sunrise from the skies. Well first and foremost, choose a photographer. No matter where we walked it smelt absolutely divine, sometimes I couldnt even see any flowers nearby but the fragrance was still there! At just $20 for a family of four, this is the perfect kid-friendly activity in the Hunter Valley. Its a great backdrop for your engagement photography by taking advantage of the splash of colour and leading lines of the location. My wife and I end every engagement photoshoot with a pizza here, so you know it must be good. Most people dont associate wineries with Wollombi, but it has a couple of gems that are well worth visiting. Bask in the lavash array of colour and scent found in the Rose Garden with hundreds and thousands of roses on display, or take in the superb views from the lookout that sits above the 10-metre-high waterfall of the Sunken Garden. If you are looking for privacy, well you found it! If youre here, you probably want to know more about engagement sessions. No points for guessing then, why this is one of my prime choices as an engagement photoshoot location in the Central Coast. Wollombi Valley has an impressive mix of attractions from rocky national parks, picturesque villages, and boutique wines to a lively arts scene and ancient Aboriginal sites. Whats your favourite winery in the Hunter Valley? Feel free to include any other members of the family, try out multiple locations, bring along your furry friend, or anything you like! Regardless, stay a bit longer, have a drink and maybe a bit of a picnic, because you wont be in any hurry to leave this slice of heaven. They are the perfect way to get comfortable with your photographer, and for them to work out how to bring the best out of you. Although we see them in the day time along the Yango Creek Road. It literally takes about 30 minutes and is steep. The Sydney Weekend Getaway Bucket List: 19 Incredible Trips, The Ghan vs Indian Pacific: how to choose your bucket list train journey, What it's like onboard the Indian Pacific - one of the world's great train journeys, Day Trips from Sydney - 15 incredible itineraries, 10 reasons the Indian Pacific train journey should be on your bucket list. At times the swell and the winds can really pick up, and people standing too close to the edge have fallen over the cliffs. With a heap of little cute secluded beaches along the way, you can easily take this clifftop session, down onto the sand and actually get in the water (Im a big fan of getting dirty and wet) for some extra fun. A detour via Marrowbone Road will be necessary around the construction zone between October 2022 until February 2023. The service was not especially friendly, but we were there for the cheese so we still enjoyed it. You get a little board with five different cheeses including a curd, brie, a blue cheese that didnt have blue veins (I didnt even know that existed), a vintage cheddar and a soft blue cheese. This spot does require some climbing and trekking out over the rock platform, which at high tide do go under water. If you want to particularly seek them out our favourite spots are at Whispering Brook where they were grazing amongst the vines and olive groves. Take the time to relax and be treated to a memorable experience as you enjoy the breathtaking views and sample some of the award-wining food they have to offer. Scarborough Wine Co is located in the old Scarborough Family Homestead on Gillards Road and brings warmth and a sense of generosity only experienced when visiting a family home. How to get here? Share the magic of a balloon flight with fellow balloonists, then celebrate your exciting adventure over a gourmet champagne breakfast at Peterson House winery. Hunter Valley Ballooning have been offering superior flights daily over the scenic Hunter Valley region for the past 30 years. You can check it out by clicking the button below. If youd like somewhere closer to Pokolbin weve heard amazing things about Bistro Molines, the view looks incredible and friends have said the food is outstanding. I dare you. Once the sun goes down though, the trees will start to become really dark, retaining a lot of shadow and not a lot of highlights. With the best photo spots ranging from beautifully empty desert to This is one of those locations that really is better suited to wide open, expansive, panoramic shots. Theres a lot of beautiful flowers and formal gardens to explore, but what stood out the most for me was the fragrance. And yes, we do head in, play games, go on rides, and just generally have an epic time. Visit their website to find out more information. There are a few spots that provide the best angle, but it is hard to explain in writing. hunter valley australia. So maybe you arent into the water, or into really cool vast landscapes. The Oasis (Inn at Furnace Creek) Seeing the photos of the Oasis of Death Valley, it is pretty clear why this is such a popular spot for photography in the national park. See HERE for more information. Youll conclude with a tasting in the garden overlooking the olive trees and vines in the distance. If coming by public transport you can take the train to Singleton, which takes just over three hours direct - but make sure you get on the fastest service or it can take a lot longer. Every course was amazing and as we were visiting in winter we got to enjoy the real fire. Not your cup of tea? However, midweek, sunrise, or off season you can get sections of Newcastle Baths all to yourself. A detour via Marrowbone Road will be necessary around the construction zone between October 2022 until February 2023. Less stressful you say? An absolutely iconic spot in newcastle. An option you might not have considered. Park up, get out and start walking towards the water, down the track. Rolling vineyards and natural bushland. Our favourite is Margan Wines in Broke, which bases all its food on what it can produce in its garden and orchards. You can book a tasting through Klook here, at time of writing its $10 pp (and if you buy a bottle you will receive $10 back). A temporary road closure will be necessary to undertake works in sections of Oakey Creek Road. Well, I know it sounds weird, but Carrington Industrial area might be the spot for you. Krinklewood - I absolutely love Krinklewood. A temporary road closure will be necessary to undertake works in sections of Oakey Creek Road. There are plenty of photography Rooms are clean and its particularly good value if you book in advance. Undercliff also hosts a sculpture exhibition among the vines which is held every October/November. So youve started down the road to planning a wedding? An absolute fan favourite amongst wedding couples and wedding vendors alike. Of course you can, there are no hard and fast rules. This kind of light is really emotive, and can create a very moody effect. Make sure you either have an Annual Pass, or a day pass ($12 I believe) before you continue on to avoid a fine. We usually do a mix, with a few in Pokolbin, Broke and most recently in Wollombi too. Its easy because there are so many great locations nearby (and even a few further ones if you are up for a drive). For bookings and more, visit their website. Honestly, there are so many amazing places and angles to shoot here, plus, it backs up onto an epic rockpool and sandy beach, so take your pick! Birubi Point is a super cool little beach up in Port Stephens, Anna Bay. This one is subjective, but I personally like to do them about a few months out from the wedding. We tried sparkling white and red, white, red and a desert wine. Its a great place to change it up if you want a break from the wine! But if you dont mind it or dont care, this spot is so much fun, and always leads to such sick shots. Just take a look at the shots below, and tell me you dont believe this is easily one of the top engagement photoshoot locations around the Hunter Valley & Central Coast. See the convict history from Sydney. The 360 view flourishes a picturesque line of vineyards and glassy waters that showcase what the Hunter Valley has to offer. We are going to cover some epic Newcastle photography locations, Port Stephens, some chill AF Hunter Valley photography spots as well as gorgeous engagement photoshoot locations on the Central Coast. Walk back down the hill and float on the pond in their canoe to get some sick aerial shots. The onsite restaurant gets rave reviews. It really will depend on the vibe you want to go for, and the location. The more difficult the location, generally speaking, the more spectacular the outcome. Rooms are fairly standard for a motel, but unlike the majority of other motels in the area, they are set back from the road, making it a quieter option. Once you get out into the open fields which run alongside the mountain top, you will truly be able to appreciate how breathtaking it is. Set on 70 acres of manicured gardens, with rolling countryside views, and the Brokenback Ranges in the distance, wake up in elegant and stylish rooms and suites with picturesque views every day of your stay. WebWhere to eat in the Hunter Valley, Australia. It isnt a requirement that you be peak physical fitness, but be prepared to get a light sweat on. This spot is so simple you literally just pull the car over on the road side and start shooting. Roos are everywhere in the Hunter and youll probably spot them without trying too hard. Balloon Aloft has been ballooning since 1980, offering sunrise ballooning adventures daily and creating the best experiences. Absolutely spectacular. The only downside with Audrey Wilkinson is the view does attract big crowds and if you visit on a busy weekend it will be heaving. The hike (and in parts climb) down is epic. 7. The walk to the middle falls, which would be worth seeing alone is just five minutes, but we recommend carrying on another five to see the lower falls as well, which are even more beautiful. The rock formations out in the water are incredible, and make for such an unbelievable backdrop to your photos. In the on season many people use this as a place for elopement ceremonies, or even wedding ceremonies (you can book it from the council). Thanks for your support. Once you drive into the Watagans you will be on a dirt track, you dont need a 4WD, but it is a bumpy road. Hunter Valley Zoo are a hands-on zoo, that allows you to get your wild ones closer to nature to connect and strive to love wildlife and commit to saving species in the wild. Sunset, overcast, windy and rainy? However, there are so many reasons to do this! River Oaks Theatre. The wide-open spaces, the fresh air, the country attraction, and the breath-taking vineyard views are all on offer in the Hunter Valley. Well that depends on what time of year, but ideally, being raised on a cliff, you will get about 15 additional minutes of sun. If you just want somewhere inexpensive and still fairly close to Pokolbin, this motel in Cessnock is a good bet. The contrast can look cool though, so it really is a subjective call. This is another location with a variety of shots. Wedding Planning: The 5 Most Costly Mistakes Couples Make When Planning a Wedding, Wedding photography Top 3 myths brides need to stop believing, Budget wedding Creating the perfect wedding without spending too much, 4 Reasons Why a Pre-wedding Photoshoot Should Be Essential, Top 24 Engagement Photoshoot Locations in The Hunter Valley, Central Coast & Newcastle, Southern Highlands Engagement Photoshoot Locations. They were all good and its the only time Ive ever liked a brie! Be very careful as it is very rocky and uneven for the first few hundred metres. As your photographer, I can certainly help with some fashion advice though. It was actually a lot of fun and I tried some cheeses that I would never have picked out to try in a cheese shop. Aside from the village which is a destination in its own right, youll find several excellent wineries which still have a relaxed feel. This contrasts so beautifully with the blue of the water below you. The lookout offers the perfect back drop to capture the Hunter Valleys natural beauty for your next insta-worthy selfie! voco Kirkton Park is the ultimate place to escape, unwind, and indulge in the Hunter Valley. The park is a nice place to visit and the kookaburra is worth a visit and a photo. 5. I should mention, unlike Newcastle and the Central Coast, the Hunter Valley is more about its wineries and as such its wedding venues. 15 Incredible things to do in the Hunter Valley including lots of hidden gems, Mount Sinai: the magic of climbing Moses Mountain at sunset, The full lowdown on Egypt's magnificent White Canyon, 23 of the Most Incredible Waterfalls in NSW. When we saw you could do a formal tasting at the Hunter Valley Cheese Company we decided to give it a try. If you do venture out, it does make for some really spectacular panoramic shots out to sea. Another absolutely gorgeous lookout. Youre most likely to see them in the early morning or from around an hour before sunset. Its pretty straightforward. A family business that is owned and operated in the Hunter Valley, offering flights over the stunning wine region. Burrowed into the foothills of the Hunter Valleys Mount View area, this stunning piece of paradise will have you captured from the second you walk through the doors, out onto the outstanding French inspired courtyard that overlooks a landscape of vines that stretch as far as the eye can see. Word of warning, in winter, it is going to be cold down here, and to get to the caves you will need to get into the water up to probably your knees. WebThanks to the size of the parklands, there are so many great spots for wedding WebStunning 120 acre estate. A short hike through the bush up the the point is well worth the effort. It's a luxe location with classic country vibes. Copyright James White Photography. As far as scenic locations go, this one takes the cake. Its definitely a treat yourself experience at $110 for a five course menu, but we thought as a special experience it was well worth it. Scroll through your feed and you'll see shrewd weekenders booked in here sharing their rooms with a view. Initially, it is very flat and quite dark as the sun hides behind the clouds and giant rock formations. Catch a sunrise from a hot air balloon 6. Wed also advise you to avoid the hot chocolate it was basically like sugary milk (something you really wouldnt expect at a chocolatier)! In Lovedale they are almost always in the fields opposite the Crowne Plaza Hotel; in Pokolbin look at the fields along McDonalds Road and if you plan on visiting Wollombi we see them every time along the Yango Creek Road. However, if you have no idea, speak to your photographer. It also has heaps of rocks jutting out of the water, which make for some really cool backdrops to shoot against. See HERE for more information. So in Winter, I would start shooting here at 3.30pm, and in Summer, probably around 7pm. Mr O is the go for coffee by Glee Coffee Roasters and an all-day breakfast menu with options such as loaded bagels with peanut butter and banana, a Hungerford ham toastie and guilt-free brekkie bowl. Having said that we still recommend a visit. You will not make it in a Sedan so do not try it. Congratulations Tess & Jarrod! Just drive to the Caves Beach SLSC and walk down onto the beach and go right towards the cliffs. The courtyard has always been gorgeous, but now its on another level. It is a remarkable outlook that overlooks the city of Cessnock and connects you to many bushwalks and mountain biking tracks within the beautiful Mount View sub region. top 5 mistakes couples make when planning a wedding. The gardens have been designed with families in mind, with lots of things to keep the kids entertained including rides and many exhibits scattered amongst the foliage. But most of all, be excited! You do need to make an appointment because its not a regularly visited cellar door which is always open. Youre then just 10 minutes away from Wollombi, which is the gorgeous historic village we mentioned earlier. Not only will you get an epic feed and coffee before (or after is youre a sunrise chaser) your engagement photoshoot, but you have so many cool spots. There are numerous reasons for this. Its a little steep getting up the dunes, but hey, thats part of the fun. I would recommend sunrise here, as the sun would be coming up behind the rocks over the water, however at sunset it will also be amazing with the super soft lighting created by the cliffs.

Dave's Hot Chicken Wilmington, Nc, Articles P