henry margusity leaves accuweather » be careful who you listen to bible verse

be careful who you listen to bible verse

• por

The scales you use will be used for you, and more so. God's truth is revealed in Jesus' teaching (8:16-17). One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray. Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given: and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which it seemeth that he hath. We wont be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. Think about it. Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 210K views, 25K likes, 8.6K loves, 132K comments, 25K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Zion Prayer Movement Outreach: NIGHT OF OPEN HEAVEN (22ND APRIL,. But this is what I commanded them, saying, 'Obey My voice, and I will be your . And he said to them, Attend with care to what you hear. If we do not understand it, we must ask God to open our minds to its meaning. Therefore, we must listen carefully or that teaching will judge us some day (8:18). I suppose that if I had only an hour to spend at Yosemite, Id just walk over there by the river and sit down and cry.. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they think they have will be taken from them., Therefore take heed how you hear. The Pharisees and Judas were not irreligious pagans. Then He said to them, Pay attention to what you hear. And he said to them, Pay attention to what you hear: with the measure you use, it will be measured to you, and still more will be added to you. Jesus was not repudiating family ties or obligations, but He was setting priorities. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Even what they think they understand will be taken away from them., Be careful, then, how you listen; because those who have something will be given more, but whoever has nothing will have taken away from them even the little they think they have., So be careful how you listen. Some think it refers to Gods truth that will be made obvious through the apostles teaching. anyone who does not conform to an established attitude, doctrine, or principle. Lets consider how what Jesus is saying in verse 16 applies to us. G Jesus teaching not only illumines the truth, it also exposes the evil that lurks in the dark corners of the human heart (8:17). God will judge that person, whoever he is, who has been confusing you. We are told to reject people who are very divisive with their words (see Titus 3:9-11). The full exhortation of verse 18 seems better suited to the whole multitude, but there doesnt seem to be a break between Jesus private explanation of the parable (8:10-15) and these verses, which lends weight to the view that He is speaking only to the twelve. You also need to find mature leaders and trusted Christian friends who are more mature than you are. Do I deal with my grumbling, unbelieving, unthankful spirit? For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you., In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.. The way you treat others will be the way you will be treatedand even worse. Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul." 1 Timothy 4:2 ESV / 122 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful 20 Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside . In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints, because of the hope laid up for you in heaven. That is what Jesus exhorts us to do in verse 18: Jesus says, Therefore, take care how you listen, for whoever has, to him shall more be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him.. Were not hiding things; were bringing, Take heed therefore how you hear. New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised Catholic Edition, New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition, Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition. Don't use your mouth to tell lies. Later that night, we had put the children to bed and Marla and I had just settled into bed when we heard the front door slam. A primary verb; to look at. These and many other vital principles for right living are revealed to us in Gods Word of truth. Lay beside, annex, repeat. 4:3). Think about it. When I was a son with my father, tender, the only one in the sight of my mother, he taught me and said to me, Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments, and live. The parable of the seed growing secretly; Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, NT Gospels: Mark 4:24 He said to them Take heed what (Mar Mk Mr). My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. And all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain. A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. Knowledge will be measured out to you by the measure of attention you give. For some have no knowledge of God. From 1977-1992 he was the pastor of Lake Gregory Community Church in Crestline, California. From every little village in Englandit does not matter where it isthere is sure to be a road to London. 2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Z. Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. You were doing so well until someone talked you out of obeying the truth. The more you do this, the more you will understand what I tell you. You will be evaluated by the same standard with which you do your evaluating, and still more will be given to you, Be careful how you listen, he said to them. But our minds are already made up and we dont want to hear what God says because it confronts the direction we want to go. Of this you have heard before in the word of the truth, the gospel, Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. This shows us . Be careful with what you hear, he went on. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog. Just as we often fail to listen carefully to other people, so we often fail to listen carefully to the Lord. Douay-Rheims Bible Take heed to thyself and to doctrine: be earnest in them. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be givenand you will receive even more. I rarely use phones. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. Hear, O sons, a father's instruction, and be attentive, that you may gain insight, for I give you good precepts; do not forsake my teaching. Take the time often to spend with the Lord in His Word. Jesus says, "Therefore, take care how you listen, for whoever has, to him shall more be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him." A. But, at the same time, light serves two functions: it illumines, but it also exposes. And He was saying to them, Take care what you listen to. Jesus explained, Men loved the darkness rather than the light for their deeds were evil. Over the years my wife and I have spent countless hours correcting strange beliefs held by immature Christians. We went down to visit them and were taking a walk along their dirt street. The old man replied that he did not think much of it. How much you give to others is how much will be given to you. But often he got hit with a question that a lady asked him one afternoon: Ive only got an hour to spend at Yosemite, she declared. John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. Just as there is enough in Yosemite to spend a lifetime of summers exploring, so there is enough in the Bible to spend your lifetime digging out and meditating on. What should I do with my life? New Revised Standard Version Be attentive to him and listen to his voice; do not rebel against him, for he will not pardon your transgression; for my name is in him. And He said to them, Be careful what you are hearing. I say this to your shame. I am the Lord your God; walk in my statutes, and be careful to obey my rules, and keep my Sabbaths holy that they may be a sign between me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God.. 1. And he said to them, Pay attention to what you hear. Proverbs 19:27 If you stop listening you will stary Bible verse. At the next stop, no one gets off, but 5 get on. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us. By your own standard of measurement [that is, to the extent that you study spiritual truth and apply godly wisdom] it will be measured to you [and you will be given even greater ability to respond]and more will be given to you besides. Whoever has nothing, even what they think they have will be taken away from them., Therefore consider carefully how you listen. How can we avoid the self-deception of the one who thinks he has spiritual knowledge but really has none at all (Luke 8:18b)? To measure (out), estimate. Start your free trial today! In the book of Matthew, Jesus tells his disciples, "Whoever has ears, let them hear.". Cite this page: Editor: Stephen Smith. If we aren't very careful, we could end up being swayed and influenced by the words of the people around us. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. And Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach was saying to them, Pay attention! Psalm 5:3 prayer patience. Verb - Future Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Singular, Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Plural. T Those who understand these mysteries will be given more knowledge. New International Version (NIV), Take heed therefore how ye hear, for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.. Whatever measure you use will be used towards you, and even more than that. They dont feel comfortable with what they see, so they get rid of the source rather than deal with the sin! Luke 6:37,38 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: . In fact, you will receive even more. Then He said to them, Take heed what you hear. But often our problem is with our own attitude, not with the Word or with the preacher. But therein lies the danger: we all are inclined to hide from the light rather than to allow it to expose the foulness of our hearts. And he said to them, Pay attention to what you hear; the measure you give will be the measure you get, and still more will be given you. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given: and whosoever hath not, that also which he thinketh he hath, shall be taken away from him. And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given. The floods covered them; they went down into the depths like a stone. At the third stop, 4 get off and 2 get on. Some argue that the context of Luke 8 fits this interpretation, that the disciples are to take the words which Jesus presently was compelled to speak in parables and make them plain after His resurrection and ascension (Norval Geldenhuys, Commentary on the Gospel of Luke [Eerdmans], p. 247). The wonderful privilege of being close to Jesus is open to anyone who walks in obedience to Him! Get the answers your looking for and save with code SPRINGSTUDY15! He said to them, Take heed what you hear. However, some people dont understand these mysteries. Be careful who you listen to | Understand Your Bible Be careful who you listen to A selection of verses showing how this theme runs consistently through the Bible. Whoever does not have, even the little he has will be taken from him., So pay attention to how you hear. We are to be morally pure, because His will is our sanctification (1 Thess. With whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you, and more will be given to you who hear. OpenBible.info If you have any questions, please review our Privacy Policy or email us at privacy@biblegateway.com. Therefore be watching how you listen. The same rules you use to judge others will be used by God to judge youbut with even greater severity. He went on to say, Pay attention to what youre listening to! But those who do not have understanding will lose even what they think they have., So listen carefully, because whoever has will be given more, and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken away from him., Take care then how you hear, for to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away.. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. 6:14-18). Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. But, . Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. And he said to them, Take heed what you hear: with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you: and to you that hear shall more be given. Think carefully about what you are hearing. Obviously, a person didnt light such a lamp for the purpose of putting it under a container or under a bed. For to him who has [spiritual knowledge] will more be given; and from him who does not have [spiritual knowledge], even what he thinks. And Peter said to Jesus, Lord, it is good that we are here. Marlas parents were renting a duplex next door to their new home, and we were staying in the second unit. Etc. The Bible tells us that "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks" (see Luke 6:45). So that your giving may be in secret. If we shrink back, what light we think we have will be taken from us. - 2 Thessalonians 3:3. So let us be careful about who we listen to, and only take advice from those who will help us grow closer to God. In the same way, what we listen to or regularly hear tend to stick in our minds. Following the point above, what we listen to fills our hearts and minds, and then eventually influences our choices. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. Copyright, Steven J. Cole, 1998, All Rights Reserved. How can we stay fresh in the Word each day? And he was transfigured before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became white as light. A hard worker will get everything he wants. Unlike the United States, where there are warnings and barricades, this hole was right along the street but with no protection. The Priest not the King is to burn incense! New Living Translation So practice and obey whatever they tell you, but don't follow their example. You who obey God will get more than you give. But he will give you more than you deserve. One husband dropped his newspaper, looked directly into his wifes eyes, and gave her his full attention while she was speaking. His will is that we should spend our lives serving the Lord Jesus Christ, whatever we do to earn a living, because we are to seek first His kingdom and righteousness (Matt. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.. No, you set it up on a lamp stand so those who enter the room can see their way. His Word is often clear on the issue we are facing. Words are very powerful. - 1 Thessalonians 5:24. By what measure you measure it will be measured out to you, and more will be added to you. Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness. For they don't practice what they teach. New International Version So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. Through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared. Do not provoke him, for he will not pardon your disobedience, for my name is in him. Youre deliberately listening just to confuse me.. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.. The words of a man's mouth are deep waters; the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook. He went on to tell them, Pay attention to what you hear. And he said to them, `Take heed what ye hear; in what measure ye measure, it shall be measured to you; and to you who hear it shall be added; Sign up now for the latest news and deals from Bible Gateway! But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever has, to him more will be given. Judas was one of the twelve. With the measure by which you measure out, it will be measured out to you, and will be added to you. The person who has something will be given more. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. In what measure ye mete, it shall be meted to you again [it shall be meted to you], and. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. Romans 10:17 faith evangelism. Without Gods Word, people are wandering in this dark, dangerous world without illumination from God. From metron; to measure; by implication, to admeasure. If you walk in my statutes and observe my commandments and do them, then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. Some people were hard of hearing. Don't ever say things that are not true. Stay away from evil. Ah, lady, only an hour. He repeated it slowly. They seemed to be zealous for the things of God. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Galatians 5:7-9, Witnessing enables the Holy Spirit to add the power, Receiving Holy Spirit baptism shows wisdom, Thoughts on a conversational relationship, Practical advice for dealing with evil spirits, The basic typography portion: updated to CC, Hackberry font packages available on this site, Boxy squared sans family with a light look, Biblia, Biblia Serif, new book production fonts, Practical Font Design With FontLab 5 [final edition], Fontlabs versions of Practical Font Design, Fontographer: Practical Font Design for Graphic Designers, No, No! Be strong and courageous. Thus He gives the illustration of the lamp being set on the lampstand, not hidden under a container or bed, to show them that the main purpose of His teaching is to illumine the truth, not to hide it. The whole commandment that I command you today you shall be careful to do, that you may live and multiply, and go in and possess the land that the Lord swore to give to your fathers. We must communicate the light of our knowledge to others. Whether were in the Old Testament or in the New, we ought to draw closer to the Lord Jesus if we are listening carefully to what God has revealed. With the measure you use, it will be measured to you and even more. M Because there was no Jesus Christ in it. Well, said the young preacher, my text did not seem to run that way. The old preacher said, Never mind, but your sermon should have run that way. He went on, This is the way to preach. For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Take heed then how you hear; for to him who has will more be given, and from him who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away., So pay attention how you listen. Take heed therefore how ye hear, for whosoever has, to him shall be given; and whosoever has not, from him shall be taken even that which he seems to have. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Hydraulic Forge Press, Lab Equipment Diagram Crossword Answer Key Part 1, Articles B