henry margusity leaves accuweather » 1966 mercury colony park station wagon for sale

1966 mercury colony park station wagon for sale

• por

Woodgrain for Wagons and Stripeman both make replacement paneling, for a price: The Biscayne was mostly meant for police and taxi fleet buyers. Also, it sat on a longer wheelbase than the others, making a forward-facing third seat possible. Congratulations! No thanks. Reconnected! Car originally came with the following options: - Manual Trans - Tinted Glass - 2 speed Wipers - 3:25 Equa-lock (posi) rear - Fender mounted indicator lights The original 390 2bbl had a cracked block and was replaced with a 1966 428 out of a T Bird. tore into the motor on the Merc and I was the one who found the faulty That map probably looked a bit different in 2009-2010. Finding an original wagon this nice is a real score. ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Classic cars for sale / Mercury / 1964 Mercury Colony Park Wagon. When the economy is good, I see lots of folks with modest-paying jobs willing to pay a few bucks extra each month to buy the more expensive truck. In reality, the Colony Park was never much of a Lincoln Continental wagon, with levels of luxury nowhere near Ford Motor Companys iconic flagship. My 1966 Parklane Breezeway did not have cornering lights. At the rear, prominent tail fins remained from the previous year, but for 1966 they were now graced with attractive three-sided taillights. Power windows. V-8. 19,995. I had an aunt that never had a license until my uncle passed. He prolly thought of it as Girly and unmanly and henpecking. The automobile-catalog.com website is only for the on-line view using the internet browser. The data plate decodes as follows: The car does not have a title, as it is registered in a state that does not issue titles for a vehicle of its age. It took us tearing the engine down I think it would have looked better boxed along the lines of the car all the way to the front. the finds coming, and Ill keep reading and commenting. While the color isnt the most flattering for the year, it is still something I would drive after giving it a little metal work. You are not connected to real-time updates. Id take it. Luxury was for when you got rid of the sticky, barfing little ones. My mother remembers him going through several used wagons before buying a 66 Bel Air wagon, his first ever brand new car. The husband usually had a sporty 2 door car for his usage. How true, in my neighbourhood I cant think of any family who had two cars including the gentleman who worked for Northern Affairs. basically had a new engine under the hood! Subject to tax. 1 vehicle matched Now showing page 1 of 1. 1966 Mercury Colony Park station wagon 1966 Mercury Colony Park. Finally, he decided to take it on a trip. Furthermore, the Country Squires ability to transcend its brands hierarchal position is noteworthy in itself. *1966 Mercury Colony Park Station wagon/ 9 passengers. commercial copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such Your bid of $ is $ more that the current high bid of $. No wagon for their family although Im sure they could have afforded one. Depending on your taste, this exterior has a neat original appearance that begs for a set of Torque Thrust wheels. If there was a wagon, you could bet that Mom would usually be the one driving it on a day to day basis, so while it had to be nice enough, there was certainly no call to get one in the luxury class. Even before, it felt like the big woodgrained 8-seaters were on their way out and people would get a smaller wagon if they possibly could. The Mercury Colony Park is an American luxury full-size station wagon that was marketed by the Mercury division of Ford Motor Company between 1957 and 1991. On the other hand, replacing the simulated ash trim might be a bit more difficult. Power vent windows. Which is also the way things worked in the late 1960s and 1970s in our suburban neighborhood. Toyota has a huge Corolla factory a few miles north of Tupelo, Mississippi, and Im wanting to say there is a Camry factory somewhere in the South, but somebody else will know that better than I. 84k miles. I have a visual impairment that has kept me from drivingbut not His car was the only car, and with a minimum of 7 people in the house at that point, a station wagon was the only option. Luxury wagons sold in such small numbers that tooling up a cohesive luxury interior accommodating the unique rear seats, etc., would have been an expensive proposition. Power seat ac rear power window. I dont want too call him frugal as they lived in a nice split level. Surprisingly the interior looks to have little fade, and the dash and steering wheel are in nice shape as well. More like Continental II and 61-65 Lincoln. My mom always had the newish Oldsmobile sedan and my dad drove either the older Olds, or a crappy little economy car. I started out helping my Dad and his His collection also includes a decently turned-out 1966 Pontiac Bonneville Safari, powered by a 421-cu.in. Youre right the cornering lights were an option even on the Park Lane. Although he remained the unchallenged King of his castle, Dad NEVER purchased another family car without consulting my Mother. Edit options. the fun times spinning wrenches and making old cars run again. The difference between a Bel-Air and Biscayne was fairly minimal. So then we can agree that that was America rather than that isAmerica? site (including ProfessCars and automobile-catalog.com) are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other Interesting point about Betty Draper. 120000. I knew two people with Buick Estate Wagons (a 70 and a 71) and someone with a 75 Custom Cruiser. Terms of Use, Your Privacy Choices Massive and fairly tidy for being in the wild, this V8 lump would be so much fun to revive and improve upon. He stressed that he did have permission to buy it from her, but the dirty looks and silent treatment he was getting from her when I came over to pick him up gave me doubts. gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 6384 cm3 / 389.6 cui, advertised power: 205 kW / 275 hp / 279 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 549 Nm / 405 lb-ft, more data: reference weights: base curb weight: 2037 kg / 4491 lbs, accelerations: 0- 60 mph 9.7 s; 0- 100 km/h 10.3 s (simulation automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 17.2 s (simulation automobile-catalog.com). I cannot even imagine showing up at home with a new set of keys for Mrs. JPC without her being part of the decision. Plus how can you beat the classic looks of this wagon with all that cargo space for 4x8 sheets of wood? For Sale The "Park Lane" models were full size cars produced by Ford's Mercury division from 1958 until 1968. Well this time I have found a jack pot as this 66 Colony Park wagon has a factory Super Marauder 428 cubic inch V8 with air conditioning! Maybe they thought people would confuse it with a Ford Country Squire? GM had the dual-action tailgates beginning in 1969. If you havent checked it out already, take a look at oldcarbrochures.com; Im sure there is a 1966 Mercury brochure posted. 1966 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon Marauder 390 V-8 (man. Nowadays, I dont work on anything much anymore due to my health Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this web-site in any form is prohibited and may not be recopied and shared with a third party. Ive amended the text. Was it an actual place at the time or just a made up name that sounded upscale? 390, V8, 6.4 Liter. I love how people can come together over automobiles. . Keep Any additional Colony Park sales purelybonus. But, she also made sure that with my long legs and big feet that Id be comfortable in what we picked. The point is for the last 30 years a lot of people in the South have been increasingly been getting their bread buttered by foreign based auto companies and their related suppliers so there is generally not a lot of buy American sentiment despite the overall conservatism of the region. This car is pretty light on the options, but does feature the available all-vinyl interior. With a great engine and air conditioning, I think the only way this wagon could be any sweeter is if it had a 4 speed. Would you drive this big block station wagon? shop in high school and aced the course. Maybe youll over the other repairmen. Classic Mercury Colony Park for Sale. Check it out here on craigslist out of Los Angeles, California. 1966 Mercury Colony Park Wagon for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $45,500 on October 10, 2022 (Lot #86,935) | Bring a Trailer Submit a Vehicle Log In Shipping Makes and Models Categories Get Alerts Charity Auctions BaT Features Event Calendar More Auctions Shipping Results My Watchlist Submit a Vehicle Get the Email How BaT Works Log In An acquaintance recently bought a rusty 62 Falcon wagon with a ratty interior, missing windshield, and seized engine for $4000. I learned to drive in my parents 390-equipped 66 Squire, and very briefly had a Mercury Monterey sedan of the same year, so am very familiar with these cars. A station wagon was always viewed as Moms car in the 1960s and 1970s. BaT MOTO Alumni Gathering: May 6 at The Quail in Carmel, CARegister Now! Well anyway he buys a Ford Granada with a 6 cylinder with a 3 speed tranny, then the fun begins, for some reason my brother could never drive a clutch worth a crap, he would have to replace clutchs about once a year. If you win the auction, your card will be charged for the service fee and you pay the seller directly for the vehicle. For the price of that Bel-Air wagon, the original buyer could have probably moved up to an Impala sedan with power steering, brakes, and maybe a down payment on AC. 3) specs. To people who view a car as transportation and nothing more, maybe its not as big a deal. I am a wagon fan for sure. You all talking about the fuel pump spring reminds me of a true story about my Older Brother who is 4 1/2 years older than me, as we grew up in and around the body shop that Dad owned for 45 years, we were always required to help out whenever we had nothing to do, as Dad put it you want to eat, have cloths on your back, car to drive, and money to spend then you will work for it, (Dad grew up on a farm in NE Arkansas and worked hard everyday, which was excepted of him.) Violations of copyright will be prosecuted under the fullest extent of the law. I did mostly tune ups and other small repairs to earn extra They looked at wagons on their car buying excursions, but the frugal side of my dad meant a wagon was not going to happen. gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 6384 cm3 / 389.6 cui, advertised power: 197.5 kW / 265 hp / 269 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 544 Nm / 401 lb-ft, more data: 1966 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon Marauder 390 V-8 (man. Thats a good point about standard equipment on all but the highest priced cars in the 60s. From the age of 10, Ive worked on a We empower classic and exotic car buyers, sellers, and enthusiasts with insights for the collector car industry - including market values, price comparisons, listing alerts and more. out in California who made a decent living repairing the units so well This of course translated to a cavernous interior, with over 62 inches of front and rear hip room, and a healthy 91.3 cubic feet of cargo capacity with the rear seats folded flat. The older ladies without kids started to dabble in mid-size cars, usually two doors, while no self respecting guy on our street made due with less than full-size. This 1966 Mercury Colony Park station wagon belonged to a fellow car club member who passed, and the seller purchased it from his estate. Power windows, power door locks, power front bench seat, air conditioning, Stereo Sonictapeplayer, and rear speakers were among other available options. . Not as spartan as a Biscayne, but by no means a top-of-the-line. Other The incorporation of material or any part of it in any other web-site, electronic retrieval system, publication or any other work (whether hard copy, electronic or otherwise), also the storage of any part of this site on optical, digital or/and electronic media is strictly prohibited. Lot #86,004. The cargo area is accessed via a dual-action tailgate, which drops down as a tailgate or opens out like a door with the glass up or down. Garage kept and ONE OWNER! High Retail $51,800. He bought it, had some work done to it, even had a fence put in the back yard with a sliding gate for it. My wife is kind of that waywhen I purchased a new car in 2011, which was going to be much more for her use than mine, the basic extent of her input was two doors, not too big, automatic, doesnt require premium gas. 390 had cracked block. 22,950. Base Price $12,750. In 1965, the last year for Chryslers New Yorker station wagon, the 9 passenger wagon started at $5,033. that the shops customers began asking for him to make the repairs Buckskin interior. I suspect my Father was vaguely embarrassed to be seen driving Moms station wagon, he constantly knocked it and grumbled about it during our many road trips. Nicely equipped. to work, and that he could take us all on those long rides after church let out on Factory tape plyer. Nevada Car!!! I like the look of the chrome trim around the wood on the Mercury better than the wood trim on the Fords. let me write some of the articles you post. To a degree, car buying in our house is male dominated. Each one was a different trim level, and each one thus sent a different message about the owners socioeconomic status. Rebuilt motor and trans a couple years ago. If you would like to lay your hands on a really promising project car, all you need to do is to hand over $3,750, and this one can be yours. 3) Detailed Performance Review, 1966 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon Marauder 410 V-8 Multi-Drive Merc-O-Matic (aut. 3) Market Competition, 1966 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon Super Marauder 428 V-8 Multi-Drive Merc-O-Matic (aut. site. Finding the Di-Noc vinyl inserts might not be all that difficult; 3M still sells the material in hundreds of patterns and textures. Which is the power of the engine and the maximum speed. 1972 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2 door Hardtop V8 Classic American Car. I have one Ive owned since 1980. There is surface rust present on both sides of the roof near the back of the car. Even several of my mothers friends husbands still do this. No wonder Mercury is no more. Once I had selected a car I made sure she test drove it before signing on the dotted line, to make sure that she liked the seats and how it drove. Why Ford/Mercury would wait til the mid 70s to do that with the Maverick/Comet LDO (Luxury Decor Option) is stupid. personally limiting and trivial by todays 20/30-something married couples; but was quite coveted and desirable in the late 1960s and 1070s. My Dad had a 65 F85 Wagon before he got the 69 Squire; he traded the Squire for a 73 Country Sedan (more loaded than the Squire was). cash during my school years. Their older wagon, a 64 Fairlane sans DiNoc, became the dads car and his mom drove the Country Squire. Which is exacly what my parents did. ), full performance and economy data, or to compare up to 5 cars side-by-side - click one of the the buttons below: 1966 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon Marauder 390 V-8 (man. 3) Standard and Alternative Wheel and Tire Sizes, 1966 Mercury Colony Park Station Wagon Marauder 410 V-8 Multi-Drive Merc-O-Matic (aut. (of course, many who did that before the last recession then had to give them up when they lost their jobs). S-J-C, I always figured it was referencing this spot in tony Benton Harbor, MIthough not widely known outside of MI the way (maybe) Traverse City or (surely) Mackinac Island are as resort/getaway places: My dad always had the hand-me-down carhe was a professor at a small private university and didnt want to look too prosperous, lest the Jesuits think he was making too much money. Take care. It's a 1968 Mercury Colony Park and it can be found here on eBay in Oakland, California. . They make the perfect hauler that the owner can pack his buddies into, take the family to classic car shows in or as a tow vehicle pulling a Air Stream camper trailer behind it. Steel 15 wheels wear Mercury-branded covers and feature 215/75 Mastercraft thin-whitewall tires. The only station wagon I can think of on our street was an early 70s Olds Vista Cruisereverybody else drove sedans. The 1965 entry level Cadillac Calais started at $5,059. More than a few were likely garaged next to a Continental. All had vinyl interior and were no better equipped than your average Olds Delta 88. So true about the socioeconomic status marker aspect. Never did understand why some of the 60s (60-66) Mercury Colony Parks woodgrain didnt follow the contour of the car lines. Various uncles had 3 or 4 Ford wagons as well over the years, with 1 owning a 68 Country Squire. About 15 years ago, my wife started frequently pointing out a then new model. fuel consumption and mileage: average estimated by a-c: 22.9 l/100km / 12.3 mpg (imp.) (Or that Mustang GT, or that A3) And while youll be paying it off for the next 7 years, and may have to sell (or let the repo man take it) if your job circumstances change, youll feel like a million bucks tooling down the road in your shiny new ride. Power brakes. A 3-speed manual was the standard transmission, but for a large family car, the optional Merc-O-Matic automatic transmission was likelythe more common. 4 spd. Looks like Woodgrain for Wagons will also restore the trim, but if youre missing a piece, you may have to get creative. Even more so when they have big blocks and air conditioning! Delta runs multiple direct flights to Detroit everyday from Greenville Spartanburg International Airport due to all of the auto related business travel. Check it out here on craigslist out of Los Angeles, California. ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the It had a 390 and a 4 speed. but Ive passed my knowledge on to my brother in law who is a gifted Well this time I have found a jack pot as this '66 Colony Park wagon has a factory "Super Marauder" 428 cubic inch V8 with air conditioning! She cried. / 10.2 mpg (U.S.) / 4.4 km/l, more data: gasoline (petrol) engine with displacement: 6722 cm3 / 410.2 cui, advertised power: 246 kW / 330 hp / 335 PS ( SAE gross ), torque: 602 Nm / 444 lb-ft, more data: accelerations: 0- 60 mph 7.8 s; 0- 100 km/h 9.1 s (simulation automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 16.3 s (simulation automobile-catalog.com). Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. I have a 72 Pinto woodgrain wagon, but it would be nice to have a larger one, with a V8. When I helped with her first purchase after college, and well before kids, she was very active in picking her 89 Thunderbird. How the heck does one restore the deteriorated paneling, anyway? And how odd is it that where so much of the country counts a Silverado, an F Series or a Ram as the best seller, Georgia, Alabama and the Carolinas are all Toyota Camry country. Now thats what I call fun! But she was content with letting me do the research and make the choice for her to approve or veto. Automatic: Drive type: RWD: Interior color: Black: Vehicle Title: Clear: Item location: Venice, California, United States: 1964 Mercury Colony Park Additional Info: Rare Classic Woody/Surf Wagon - Original black plate California Car! The condition of the engine isnt listed, but I would assume the carb is the defining factor of the engine being able to run. / 9.7 mpg (U.S.) / 4.1 km/l, more data. The Sea Foam Green paint on the Mercury looks quite tired and faded, while the existing woodgrain vinyl is only . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Please enable JavaScript to engage in the discussion on this site. He wanted me to go with him and look at it. According to the seller, rust repair was performed on the lower rear panels during prior ownership, and the finish exhibits chips and scratches as depicted in the photo gallery below. They had the overall length and width sizes, the same engines, spacious interiors and with full power equipment, passed for a good facsimile of at least a regular Lincoln Capri or Premiere of those years in station wagon form.

Jon Abbate Wedding, Articles OTHER